ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

insomniac

Ceremony question

Post by insomniac » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Hello,

I got two approval letters a couple of days ago - one from the UKBA and the other from the council whose NCS I had used.

The UKBA letter says that I need to attend a ceremony within 3 weeks and the council says I need to attend a ceremony within 3 months.

I'm out of the country for 6 weeks from mid Feb onwards and the council doesn't have ceremony spots till early March.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Tra2003

Re: Ceremony question

Post by Tra2003 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 pm

insomniac wrote:Hello,

I got two approval letters a couple of days ago - one from the UKBA and the other from the council whose NCS I had used.

The UKBA letter says that I need to attend a ceremony within 3 weeks and the council says I need to attend a ceremony within 3 months.

I'm out of the country for 6 weeks from mid Feb onwards and the council doesn't have ceremony spots till early March.

Any advice?

Thank you.
The UKBA letter always states 21 days for you to call your local council to book for your ceremony. Once you have done this and gotten a booking for your ceremony you don't need to worry about the 21 days rule as you have already booked your ceremony. However you must have your ceremony within three months though, otherwise your council will send back your certificate to the home office and you would have to apply again.
If you have booked your ceremony within the allowed 21 days before travelling and you are sure you will be back to attend it before the expiration of the 3 months then no problem. Make sure you have a confirmed booking for March before you travel though, just to be on the safe side.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Have read through this Official UKBA page. Especially, 'Arranging the Ceremony'.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !