ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about First Arrival in AN Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrproblem

Query about First Arrival in AN Application

Post by mrproblem » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi There,

I came to UK in 2003 as a student and then I converted to HSMP in 2007 and then got the PR last year.

In the AN application they are asking for

2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom (see page 7 of the Guide).

Page 7 says

2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered. If this is less than 5 years before the date on which we receive the application, or less than 3 years before this date if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you might not meet the residence
requirement (see pages 4 and 5 of the Booklet AN) and your application may be unsuccessful.

So I am bit confused what to write. Do I need to mention 2003 date or 2007 date. Because I have right port of entry, I converted the HSMP in country, so can someone guide me this please

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Query about First Arrival in AN Application

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 pm

mrproblem wrote:Hi There,

I came to UK in 2003 as a student and then I converted to HSMP in 2007 and then got the PR last year.

2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom (see page 7 of the Guide).

Page 7 says

2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered. If this is less than 5 years before the date on which we receive the application, or less than 3 years before this date if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you might not meet the residence
requirement (see pages 4 and 5 of the Booklet AN) and your application may be unsuccessful.

So I am bit confused what to write. Do I need to mention 2003 date or 2007 date. Because I have right port of entry, I converted the HSMP in country, so can someone guide me this please
You should write 2003.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:19 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
mrproblem wrote:Hi There,

Page 7 says

You should write 2003.
Thank you vinitmanu. But at that time I haven't had any intention to stay long term basis. That is why I was bit confused

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:10 am

mrproblem wrote:Thank you vinitmanu. But at that time I haven't had any intention to stay long term basis. That is why I was bit confused
I agree, but it still forms a part of your continuous stay. Good Luck.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Another doubt about 5 years rule guys, I had to make a postal application for ILR last year. I applied for my ILR just before expiring and it took 3 months for me to receive the ILR stamped passport. By the time I receive the stamped passport into my hand my HSMP visa was expired. But I was well within the rules because I applied for ILR before the expiry. Now my doubt is when I apply for naturalisation they check for validity during the last 5 years and there will some period with out visa as I received the ILR stamping just before they returned me the passport by post. Is there any problem with this. Will there be any problem with this gap. Please let me know

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 pm

mrproblem wrote:Now my doubt is when I apply for naturalisation they check for validity during the last 5 years and there will some period with out visa as I received the ILR stamping just before they returned me the passport by post.
No problem, you weren't without visa. As you made an ontime application, Section 3C of the immigration rules effectively extended it until the date of your ILR.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Ok Thank you for your quick reply

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 am

ban.s wrote:
mrproblem wrote:Now my doubt is when I apply for naturalisation they check for validity during the last 5 years and there will some period with out visa as I received the ILR stamping just before they returned me the passport by post.
No problem, you weren't without visa. As you made an ontime application, Section 3C of the immigration rules effectively extended it until the date of your ILR.
Do you think I need to mention this somewhere in the application as there is a gap in the visas, but I made a postal application...My worry is, I dont want them to refuse my application because of this (even though I can appeal them by explaining the situation, it is just little worry)

Has anyone had this situation

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:34 am

mrproblem wrote:Has anyone had this situation
Tens of thousands of people (almost everyone who made a postal application). This is very common and not an issue. No need to explain it.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:28 am

Jambo wrote:
mrproblem wrote:Has anyone had this situation
Tens of thousands of people (almost everyone who made a postal application). This is very common and not an issue. No need to explain it.
Thank you Jambo