ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused for general visitor! Need help :'(

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Akta
Newly Registered

Refused for general visitor! Need help :'(

Post by Akta » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi, I just got refused for a general visitor visa and I am wondering what I should or could do to appeal or reapply?

My situation is a bit complicated but I will try to explain as simply as possible. I am engaged to marry a British expat living in Turkey, and we plan to marry and continue living in Turkey (I am a Turkish female 24yo). My problem is I have recently graduated (4 months ago) and at the time of my first application was in unpaid training to work at a small company, which my boss would not sign off on due to Local Turkish laws. So, basically I am not officially working or studying. So the only thing I can think of to write on my application is that I am preparing for exams which is kind of true as I do plan to do my masters next year.

I also had an invitation letter from my fiance's mother who has offered to sponsor me 100% including flights, visa costs, accommodation, living, etc. although I decided not to mention that I was engaged to this persons son, only that he is a "friend" as I did not want them to question that I might plan to marry in the UK which I was not planning to do.

The reason they rejected me was mostly because they said as my parents couldn't prove their income, I couldn't prove how I was supporting myself in Turkey and therefore they can not trust that I will return to my country... From what I have read I guess it is not possible to appeal this type of visa, unless I am wrong? But am I able to reapply?

I am about to start officially working for the above mentioned company as of next week but my huge worry is that if I suddenly tell them in a new application that I am now working, they will wonder why the hell my last application said that I was only preparing for exams, and it will look like I am either lying or have just acquired this job just to get my visa? So what can I do? I would very much like to meet my boyfriends mother before my actual wedding later this year :'(

Thank you for reading such a long post, I would appreciate any opinions from anyone at all!

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 am

...I decided not to mention that I was engaged to this persons son, only that he is a "friend"..

Was this attempted deception mentioned in the refusal notice? If so, then any future application will also be refused, but the notice should say this.

If not, you can re-apply, but the first question that would arise in my mind if I was the ECO is, what sort of employer gives someone a job and immediately lets them go off on holiday? is it a genuine job? How long did you apply to go for?

It might be advisable to wait for 6 months or even up to a year before you try again, and this time tell the truth.

Akta
Newly Registered

Post by Akta » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:02 pm

No it was not mentioned in the refusal... Although I don't personally consider this deception. Engagement is just a verbal contract, we are not married, so legally speaking we are both "single". On top of this his mother does not even know of this engagement as we WERE planning to tell her together in person :'( And the only question asked to me was do you plan to marry in the UK which the answer is an honest no.

The reason was, as I didn't prove my parents income or that I was currently a student (i never said I was a student btw) they were not satisfied that my conditions were as stated and that I am genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited time not exceeding 6 months.

So anyway, if like you say they are considering past applications when applying in the future... what should I do? Should I apply again for another tourist visa, or should I apply for a partner visa after the marriage? But if my future applications say I am now working, and/or that I am married to a British person which I might be by that time, will they not reject me because they think I lied on my last application? Or that my marriage or job might be fake just to get my visa? Even if I wait several months, it might be suspicious. I'm not sure what to do any more.