ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I and my spouse qualify?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Akta
Newly Registered

Do I and my spouse qualify?

Post by Akta » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi, I am a Turkish citizen currently engaged to a British citizen, both living in Turkey together for 18 months and I am wondering if I could apply, before or after marriage for this EEA family visa?

The main concern is that my fiance has been living abroad for 8 years, and also as a writer he is not currently receiving any form of income here in Turkey, although he has around £6000 between account in the UK and in Turkey.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Where abroad has the British citizen live? It needs to be in the EU in order to make use of the EU route.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:16 pm

EEA family permit route will certainly not be relevant for you perhaps the most fit category will be British partner dependant and for which you will have to undergo the new rules introduced in july 2012.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Akta
Newly Registered

Post by Akta » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Mostly Asia and Turkey, so not in the EU :( I looked at partner visas but they are all for long term stays and I just want to travel in Europe with my husband :( We live on the edge of Europe (Turkey). What would be the best visa for this situation?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:11 am

Where do you want to go? Anywhere in the EU (except the UK), then EU free movement law applies.

So for instance, if you want to travel to Greece or Germany or France, then EU free movement law applies.

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Post by aledeniz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 am

Akta wrote:Mostly Asia and Turkey, so not in the EU :( I looked at partner visas but they are all for long term stays and I just want to travel in Europe with my husband :( We live on the edge of Europe (Turkey). What would be the best visa for this situation?
Merhaba Akta, I sort of think that after the marriage, you may find easier to get Schengen visas, and so travel around the Schengen area of Europe, but not to the UK.
If you are going to travel without a visa with your husband, the main issue is convincing the airlines to let you in. You may give a try to enter Greece at İpsala, in example, Greece is a very nice country to visit. But honestly, I always suggested my wife to get Schengen visas. I had long discussions with Consulates and Airline offices on this point, and it is obvious to me that they don't really speak much each other.

Akta
Newly Registered

Post by Akta » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:27 am

aledeniz wrote:
Akta wrote:Mostly Asia and Turkey, so not in the EU :( I looked at partner visas but they are all for long term stays and I just want to travel in Europe with my husband :( We live on the edge of Europe (Turkey). What would be the best visa for this situation?
Merhaba Akta, I sort of think that after the marriage, you may find easier to get Schengen visas, and so travel around the Schengen area of Europe, but not to the UK.
If you are going to travel without a visa with your husband, the main issue is convincing the airlines to let you in. You may give a try to enter Greece at İpsala, in example, Greece is a very nice country to visit. But honestly, I always suggested my wife to get Schengen visas. I had long discussions with Consulates and Airline offices on this point, and it is obvious to me that they don't really speak much each other.
Sorry for the late reply, not much chance to get online lately.

Wow, this is great news about the EU! I had so many problems with schengen last year... glad to know thats the end of it! Just one short question, is there any specific name for this visa? Just read 10 blog pages about it but didn't see an exact name of it!

But I don't quite get why I am allowed to travel in every country EXCEPT the UK? So how do I apply or get access to my husbands own country?

Thank you for all the information, it is mostly great news for me, and much needed after being rejected for a UK tourist visa last month.