ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa after expiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shcumi
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa after expiry

Post by shcumi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Hello All,

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa and my Visa expires in Oct 2013, I will be extending my Visa in September.

My question is, my wife is pregnant and she will be going back to our home country for some time for delivery and she cannot be here (in UK) before Oct.

The question is, if her Visa expires in Oct, I would extend mine and we plan to apply her again (out of country application). Will her visa be considered new application or extension? Any other implications?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Mat

shcumi
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant Visa after expiry

Post by shcumi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello,

Can someone please help?

Thanks
Mat

lawguru
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant Visa after expiry

Post by lawguru » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:40 pm

shcumi wrote:Hello All,

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa and my Visa expires in Oct 2013, I will be extending my Visa in September.

My question is, my wife is pregnant and she will be going back to our home country for some time for delivery and she cannot be here (in UK) before Oct.

The question is, if her Visa expires in Oct, I would extend mine and we plan to apply her again (out of country application). Will her visa be considered new application or extension? Any other implications?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
It won't be a problem as long as your application is approved. It won't be an extension application because extension application can only be made in country. Your wife will have to make an application for entry clearance as a tier 2 dependant.