ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

|Father Rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

futherlover11
Newly Registered

|Father Rights

Post by futherlover11 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have child holding EU citizen from my ex. we brookup. we have joint custody from irish court. I am wondering what my right are as a father of EU child?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 am

Firstly your user name is funny.Hope you know this aint a dating site ha.

One of your rights is a Zambrano Case. Do you know much about this case?

How old is your child? If you apply based on zambrano, stay in Ireland for more than 5 years and then apply for citizenship.

All of these you can achieve if you play it safe. I mean play it very safe!
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 am

The Irish interpretation of the zambrano ruling does not give permission to parents of an EU citizen child. It only applies to the parents of an Irish citizen child.

Is your child currently in school in Ireland? You may qualify for residence under Ibrahim/teixeira ruling.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:15 pm

The child may be an Irish citizen, depending on the age of the child and the length of time either parent was a legal resident in Ireland before the child was born?

If so, and if the child has always lived in Ireland then you can apply under Zambrano.
BL

futherlover11
Newly Registered

Post by futherlover11 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am

thanks fr reply.. my son is 6 yrs n always stay in ireland. he is going svhool last twoyears n having receive all allowance as normall irish child bit not holding irish citizenship. whatform i need to fill n which department should i proceed??

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:13 pm

It might be best to get an Irish passport for the child first. If you get this you have proof that the child is an Irish citizen. You need the following:

1. The birth cert to show the child was born in Ireland.
2. Proof that one parent (either mother or father) was legally in Ireland for three of the four years before the child was born. So if the mother is an EU citizen, you could send a copy of her passport to show that it was legal for her to be in Ireland. Then you could also send a letter from her employer to show that she was working for the three years before the child was born. Working in Ireland is proof that you are in Ireland. Or you could send a letter showing she was claiming social welfare for the three years - this is proof also.

Once you have the Irish passport for the child, you apply under the Zambrano ruling.
BL

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:08 am

Are you and the mother divorce?

was the mother of the child residing in the state, prior to the divorce?

Does the court order stipulates that access to the child has to take place in Ireland?

If it does, then you do have a strong claim to residence in Ireland, either under the EEA regulations or Article 8 or Article 7 of the charter of Fundamental rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

futherlover11
Newly Registered

Post by futherlover11 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 pm

court dose says i can have access in dublin, child to keep in ireland. but i m not primary care