ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

place of birth on MN1 form - Birth Cert vs existing Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid2000
Member of Standing

place of birth on MN1 form - Birth Cert vs existing Passport

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:36 am

Hi guys,

I am registering my son's BC using MN1. On the form it asks for place of birth and says provide explanation if it is different on the passport and birth certificate.

On my son's birth certificate the place of birth is the name of the hospital "Whipps Cross University hospital, leytonstone". On his existing Pakistani passport it simply says the city which is London (leytonstone is an area inside london).

It does not say London in place of birth on birth certificate. Is this a problem????

I have already spoken to registry office asking them to add london in the place of birth as the city but they said they cannot do it. What do i do?

It does say on the birth certificate under administrative area "London Borough of Waltham Forest." Does this help??

I am really worried please help.

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: place of birth on MN1 form - Birth Cert vs existing Pass

Post by solospy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 pm

shahid2000 wrote:Hi guys,

I am registering my son's BC using MN1. On the form it asks for place of birth and says provide explanation if it is different on the passport and birth certificate.

On my son's birth certificate the place of birth is the name of the hospital "Whipps Cross University hospital, leytonstone". On his existing Pakistani passport it simply says the city which is London (leytonstone is an area inside london).

It does not say London in place of birth on birth certificate. Is this a problem????

I have already spoken to registry office asking them to add london in the place of birth as the city but they said they cannot do it. What do i do?

It does say on the birth certificate under administrative area "London Borough of Waltham Forest." Does this help??

You should write London in MN1 form and the passport form when you apply for your son's passport.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 pm

solospy wrote:

You should write London in MN1 form and the passport form when you apply for your son's passport.
Thanks, but do i have to explain why it is different in place of birth on the birth certificate?

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm

shahid2000 wrote:
solospy wrote:

Thanks, but do i have to explain why it is different in place of birth on the birth certificate?
No you dont need to.