ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to UK without EEA FP/ any experience?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aine002

Travel to UK without EEA FP/ any experience?

Post by Aine002 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi!
I have one question. Any of you, visa nationals, went to UK with EEA national spouse without EEA Family Permit? What is your opinion about this. Does anyone has any experience?

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 pm

I am asking this question because my husbands EEA Family Permit was refused. We don't have any more time to appeal so we decided to fly without it. I am wondering if anyone did that before and could give some advise about how to talk and what to say on the airport ...

ShrewsburyMark

Post by ShrewsburyMark » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 pm

see this:

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

Your problem will be getting on the plane...

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 pm

It will be problem for you as he don't have eea permit best to make an appeal

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:38 am

I know it could be problem to get in the plane, but i red some stories about people who went there without any visa or EEA FP. So i was wondering if any reader of this forum did that too.

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:43 am

ShrewsburyMark
This website you posted i read many weeks ago. Under those all information witch website contain people wrote some comments. One person wrote that:

Important update on UK Border Agency procedures in case of absence of EEA Family Permit in passports of VISA NATIONALS entering the UK with their EEA spouse.
While NON-VISA nationals receive a 6 months code 1A stamp at the border, VISA NATIONALS receive a TWO MONTH, CODE 1 stamp at the border. Border Agency officials will refuse to place a SIX MONTH stamp in a VISA NATIONAL’S passport. The new guidance says that a TWO MONTH stamp is sufficient to allow entry of non-EEA, VISA NATIONAL in order to facilitate further application of this person for a residence card.
I have entered with my wife 2 days ago via Heathrow. Procedure is simple and straightforward.
UK Border agency now maintains a 24/7 telephone line for transport carriers to verify entry eligibility of those passengers who do not hold straight-forward visas and family permits. All airlines have the number that they must contact. UKBA will review documents faxed to them by the airline and direct airline to allow boarding in case the passenger meets EEA guidelines/UKBA procedures even if no visa is held. If your airline refuses to let you on board, insist that they contact UKBA Carrier Liaison team. This team is there for this specific reason.

Comment is from 01/01/2013 so it is new. Did anyone heard or read about this before?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 am

The main issue would be dealing with the airline staff so unless someone has tried it in the same airport with the same airline, you won't get much from other people experience.

I suggest you get early to the airport and have the immigration office phone number in the airport you are supposed to land in so you can ask the airline staff to call them.

slowmotion85
Newly Registered

msg

Post by slowmotion85 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Aine002 wrote:ShrewsburyMark
This website you posted i read many weeks ago. Under those all information witch website contain people wrote some comments. One person wrote that:

Important update on UK Border Agency procedures in case of absence of EEA Family Permit in passports of VISA NATIONALS entering the UK with their EEA spouse.
While NON-VISA nationals receive a 6 months code 1A stamp at the border, VISA NATIONALS receive a TWO MONTH, CODE 1 stamp at the border. Border Agency officials will refuse to place a SIX MONTH stamp in a VISA NATIONAL’S passport. The new guidance says that a TWO MONTH stamp is sufficient to allow entry of non-EEA, VISA NATIONAL in order to facilitate further application of this person for a residence card.
I have entered with my wife 2 days ago via Heathrow. Procedure is simple and straightforward.
UK Border agency now maintains a 24/7 telephone line for transport carriers to verify entry eligibility of those passengers who do not hold straight-forward visas and family permits. All airlines have the number that they must contact. UKBA will review documents faxed to them by the airline and direct airline to allow boarding in case the passenger meets EEA guidelines/UKBA procedures even if no visa is held. If your airline refuses to let you on board, insist that they contact UKBA Carrier Liaison team. This team is there for this specific reason.

Comment is from 01/01/2013 so it is new. Did anyone heard or read about this before?
Hi, 1 quest. Im non eea national, my wife is from Poland, so shes eea, can i go with her by plane with my passport n our marrage certificate? Without family permit or any visa. Will they give me that six month stamp without any problems? And what happens after these 6 months?can i apply for something longer in uk, or i have to go to my national country, Serbia after six months?

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:39 am

Hi!
Well me and my husband who is from India, tried to fly from Poland to UK without visa. We had our passports, marriage certificate and his 5 years resident permit from Cyprus and 1.5 year resident permit from Poland, lots of print outs from law and UK Border website, parts from EU Directive etc. We booked flights with Ryan Air and they simply didn't let us in the plane. They told that he need visa.
We applied for EEA Family permit once and got refused but second time we got it so now we are in UK.

If you will manage to get on the plane without visa, there shouldn't be a problem in UK but you have to know how to talk with them, we had visa and still they asked so many questions on the airport, if you will go without, i can't imagine how it's gonna look.

Although there are stories on this forum, and there are some links to them on this topic, about people who successfully entered UK without visa, got code 1A stamp, got jobs and there documents.
Good Luck :)