ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Number of Extensions under Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

realwindfly
Newly Registered

Number of Extensions under Tier 1 (General)

Post by realwindfly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Folks,

I have a question about the limit of extension we can make under Tier 1 (General). I understand that we can extend Tier 1 (General) for another 2-year after the initial 5-year period as this is clearly stated in UKBA website. But can anyone clarify what will happen if we need apply for a further extension even after this 2-year period?

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Under current rules

You can apply for as many extensions as you wish until you got the required points for an extension.

realwindfly
Newly Registered

Post by realwindfly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm

canon123 wrote:Under current rules

You can apply for as many extensions as you wish until you got the required points for an extension.
Thanks a lot @canon123. But I guess you mean ".... as long as you got the required points for an extension"?

Has anyone in the forum done 3rd/4th extension already?

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:42 pm

realwindfly wrote:

I havent done it, but i know someone who did 3rd extension as he was a few months short to apply fro ILR. Subsequnt extension are done rarely because people tend to apply for ILR after 2nd extension.

realwindfly
Newly Registered

Post by realwindfly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Mela wrote:
realwindfly wrote:

I havent done it, but i know someone who did 3rd extension as he was a few months short to apply fro ILR. Subsequnt extension are done rarely because people tend to apply for ILR after 2nd extension.
@Mela, Thanks a lot!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Tier 1 General hasn't been around long enough for anyone to be in their 3rd or 4th extension.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.