ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement query- please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Post by prabhu3535 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Friends,

I have quick question about bank statement for my personal account

Visa appointment : 7th March
i am maintiaing my funds (900) in Natwest bank (nov 28 to Feb 28 )
i am employed, my salary debited to Lloyds tsb bank every month (personal account) and also
I transfer money from my business account to lloyds bank as dividends (personal account).

Problem : for my lloyds account, i have 3000 overdraft, and i regularly use the overdraft. for last 6 months my balance is showing negative like -2000, -1500,-300 etc. it only go positive when i transfer money from business account & my salary debited to my account, then after 1 or 2 days it goes to negative again.
i need to show 12 months lloyds bank statement (earnings)
so when i am going to apply my visa, i need to submit my maintenance funds (900)statement and my lloyds bank statement (-700). i am 900+ in one account but -700 in other bank account. Am I not maintaining sufficient funds ?
is there any chance to decline my application ? Please let me know.
Note : right now i am -300, from tomorrow on wards my account balance will go to positive.

thanks
prab

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Not sure but there is no mention of overdraft in the guidance. It then leaves to the discretion of the case worker.

But not sure how novice you had been? Everybody here plans for Visa extension or ILR in advance and you seem to be pretty relaxed for it and now asking the question.

Personally I don't see a point of the account going negative regularly if you are earning at Tier 1 highly skilled level. How it is possible that it goes negative regularly after just 1-2 days of salary and dividend transfer. Seems like something is not right here.

Remember if you are operating through your limited company and providing services to clients then UKBA case worker might be interested in your authenticated invoices too (to verify your souce of earning)

Seniors please advise.

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Post by prabhu3535 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your replay.
reason 1: my bank gave me overdraft and no need to pay interest for 1st 1 year.
reason 2: i started new Business in my country, that's the reason i am transferring the money to my country.
reason 3: i am maintaining funds (900) separately, then i thought i can withdraw any amount of money from my personal account and it don't effect my funds.

Now on wards my account balance showing +ve, and i am going to submit my bank statements up to march 1st week. is it helps ?

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Not sure but there is no mention of overdraft in the guidance. It then leaves to the discretion of the case worker.

But not sure how novice you had been? Everybody here plans for Visa extension or ILR in advance and you seem to be pretty relaxed for it and now asking the question.

Personally I don't see a point of the account going negative regularly if you are earning at Tier 1 highly skilled level. How it is possible that it goes negative regularly after just 1-2 days of salary and dividend transfer. Seems like something is not right here.

Remember if you are operating through your limited company and providing services to clients then UKBA case worker might be interested in your authenticated invoices too (to verify your souce of earning)

Seniors please advise.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Reason 1 and 2 - UKBA is not concerned and would reject these reasons outrightly.

Reason 3 - Nothing is mentioned in the guidance about it. So I imagine it is left to the discretion of case worker.

I'm not an expert here and merely saying based on the guidance. Seniors might advice you better.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 pm

A lot will depend on how to represent your case. A single mis-understanding and your case will be rejected. When I went for my extension at Birmingham PEO, case worker asked for each documents seperately. If that happens than I think you will be safe. However, if they ask you to submit all the documents togather, then make sure you use seperate folders for each category.

I had a loan of £16000 from barclays. And my current account did showed loan payments going out each month. And I did the same like you, kept the maintenance fund in a seperate account. I got my visa without fuss. Hope you do to. Good Luck.

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Post by prabhu3535 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 pm

thanks for your suggestion ...
longshift wrote:A lot will depend on how to represent your case. A single mis-understanding and your case will be rejected. When I went for my extension at Birmingham PEO, case worker asked for each documents seperately. If that happens than I think you will be safe. However, if they ask you to submit all the documents togather, then make sure you use seperate folders for each category.

I had a loan of £16000 from barclays. And my current account did showed loan payments going out each month. And I did the same like you, kept the maintenance fund in a seperate account. I got my visa without fuss. Hope you do to. Good Luck.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:02 pm

overdraft or loans has no impact whatsoever on your visa application...
You can show your maintenance fund from any account...
I recently got visa approved with similar situation like you... my personal account runs on OD most of the time in the month... I showed another account for maintenance funds...

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 pm

There is absolutely no requirement to be debt-free when applying for a Tier 1 (G) extension. Nothing is "up to the discretion of the caseworker". You cannot be denied a visa for something which wasn't a requirement in the first place.

As long as you comply with all the requirements and have a maintenance fund which has money in it (e.g. not money available, but a positive balance) the rest of your financial affairs will not have any impact on your application.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Post by prabhu3535 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Thanks Guru, i am so worried about this issue, but based on your comments i believe i am eligible for extension.
once again thanks for your response.

Congrats bubin
mulderpf wrote:There is absolutely no requirement to be debt-free when applying for a Tier 1 (G) extension. Nothing is "up to the discretion of the caseworker". You cannot be denied a visa for something which wasn't a requirement in the first place.

As long as you comply with all the requirements and have a maintenance fund which has money in it (e.g. not money available, but a positive balance) the rest of your financial affairs will not have any impact on your application.

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Post by prabhu3535 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience Bubin, and congrats for your visa extension. now i am confident ..
bubin123 wrote:overdraft or loans has no impact whatsoever on your visa application...
You can show your maintenance fund from any account...
I recently got visa approved with similar situation like you... my personal account runs on OD most of the time in the month... I showed another account for maintenance funds...

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:
Hello Mr/Mrs tier1_aspirant_del - Sorry to say this.. but you have no right to say this line to any one. Saving a million pounds is not every ones desire mate.. everybody will have their own problems.. please don't repeat this..

Prabhu... you can show Separate bank account for funds maintenance.. I did the same today & got Visa approved.

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Post by prabhu3535 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks Aditya and congrats for your visa extension

adityaisukapalli wrote:
tier1_aspirant_del wrote:
Hello Mr/Mrs tier1_aspirant_del - Sorry to say this.. but you have no right to say this line to any one. Saving a million pounds is not every ones desire mate.. everybody will have their own problems.. please don't repeat this..

Prabhu... you can show Separate bank account for funds maintenance.. I did the same today & got Visa approved.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:58 pm

adityaisukapalli, stop behaving like a boss if you don't understand my words completely. The forum is to help others as well as not to promote irregularities.

I got suspicious and everybody would if you transfer your salary/dividends and immediately withdraw it to make account balance negative continuously for a long period. It's not about millions but few pounds to maintain in your account for visa extension.

Everybody including me should comply with the Tier1 purpose - Highly skilled worker who are supposed to earn beyond a threshold. We abuse the system and then everybody has to suffer because UKBA takes action on it. So the point I was making is to comply with guidance and nothing else.

As a disclaimer I mentioned about nothing mention in the guidance about overdraft. I'm still not convinced about the account remain negative for a long time for a Tier1 highly skilled worker but I don't wish any problems with Prabhu's visa and wish him best of luck for it.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:44 pm

prabhu3535 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your replay.
reason 2: i started new Business in my country, that's the reason i am transferring the money to my country.
reason 3: i am maintaining funds (900) separately, then i thought i can withdraw any amount of money from my personal account and it don't effect my funds.

Now on wards my account balance showing +ve, and i am going to submit my bank statements up to march 1st week. is it helps ?

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Not sure but there is no mention of overdraft in the guidance. It then leaves to the discretion of the case worker.

Seniors please advise.

I got tier 1 extension My case worker didn't check my business account he checked only personal bank statements, so I think if I would have negative amount in business account there would be no problem as long I am maintaining fund in personal account

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Post by prabhu3535 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi wmazhar,

My business account is fine. I have 2 personal accounts , one for funds maintaine , 2 account for my dividends,my salary, direct debits and bills.
So my 2nd account was in negative. ( not business account).

Thanks for your replay.
wmazhar wrote:
prabhu3535 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your replay.

Seniors please advise.

I got tier 1 extension My case worker didn't check my business account he checked only personal bank statements, so I think if I would have negative amount in business account there would be no problem as long I am maintaining fund in personal account

iftee.hussain
Newly Registered

Post by iftee.hussain » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi prabhu3535 ,

i am also having the exact same case and i am having my personal appointment on 12th of March in Birmingham. I have just made my account in +ve after this 20 feb. As far discussion with the experience people it looks that it would be fine. But Kindly update your experience as well by 7th of March. I ll wait for that. Wish u all the best :)
In which center you are going for your appointment ?

Thanks,
Iftee

prabhu3535
Newly Registered

Re: Bank statement query- please help

Post by prabhu3535 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi Friends,

I got my visa, no question asked.
once again thank you so much for your help guys.

Iftee@ sorry mate i didn't check your message. what happened to your visa yesterday ?
iftee.hussain wrote:Hi prabhu3535 ,

i am also having the exact same case and i am having my personal appointment on 12th of March in Birmingham. I have just made my account in +ve after this 20 feb. As far discussion with the experience people it looks that it would be fine. But Kindly update your experience as well by 7th of March. I ll wait for that. Wish u all the best :)
In which center you are going for your appointment ?

Thanks,
Iftee

iftee.hussain
Newly Registered

UK tier 1 visa

Post by iftee.hussain » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 am

Hi, I got the visa extension and without any question regarding the bank statement. Thank you guys.

digitalrev

Post by digitalrev » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:34 am

congratulations both of you