ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Advice without BRP card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arupmohan
Newly Registered

Travel Advice without BRP card

Post by arupmohan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Recently we applied ILR depandent visa through PEO and approved (yesteray 11/2/13). Awaiting for BRP card.

How many working days to received BRP card via postal? (acutal days please)

My wife planning to travel this weekend to India? Does it require BRP card through UK immigration check for outside travel?

shall my wife travel without BRP card outside UK? and I am going for India next week and before travelling I can take BRP card to India for inside entry to UK.

Already the existing visa vaild untill 24/02/2013 - Still this visa allowed to travel?

Entry to India - Does my wife need to show visa for entry?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Travel Advice without BRP card

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:33 pm

arupmohan wrote:Recently we applied ILR depandent visa through PEO and approved (yesteray 11/2/13). Awaiting for BRP card.

How many working days to received BRP card via postal? (acutal days please)

My wife planning to travel this weekend to India? Does it require BRP card through UK immigration check for outside travel?

shall my wife travel without BRP card outside UK? and I am going for India next week and before travelling I can take BRP card to India for inside entry to UK.

Already the existing visa vaild untill 24/02/2013 - Still this visa allowed to travel?

Entry to India - Does my wife need to show visa for entry?
Most people including myself get BRP within 2-3 days of approval. The max they say is 7 days so you should receive it before 24 provided you dont miss delivery.
Your current visa is valid to travel on till 24th although i would advice not to travel without your BRP card.