ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What needs to be done on Arriving in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syedajmal
Newly Registered

What needs to be done on Arriving in the UK

Post by syedajmal » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:04 pm

I recieved my HSMP Approval just before the rules changed. Plan to go for my EC. And plan to fly to UK mid of Jan.

Can somebody help me out with the steps that need to be done on landing. My main concern is Health insurance etc..

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:09 pm

Well, Looking for a good job to get extension.

As far as health care is concerned , get registered with NHS in the area you get settled , but don't expect much from NHS. NHS own's health requires health care :) If you suspect what I am saying , read the below link.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 50,00.html

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:18 pm

you dont need health insurance for EC, i havent had it in 2.5 years i have been here. sure its a risk if something bad did happen - but thats your choice.

NHS isnt perfect, but its the same in any country - you get what you pay for. If you want to see a decent doctor when *you* want - then pay for it.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:24 pm

another tip if you dont have job lined up (ie dont have to be anywhere in particular from Day1) - fly to any airport except Heathrow...i.e. somewhere like Birmingham

Everytime i travel to Europe/OZ and back - i am the ONLY person in the "non-EU people line" and i get through Customs before 99% of the rest of people queuing in the EU line.

Being a foreigner can have its perks

heck, you might even get to see some of the real England