ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA ,INVESTING MONEY

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahin12

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA ,INVESTING MONEY

Post by shahin12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:40 am

Hi everyone,
I was applied tier 1 entrepreneur visa from tier 4 route(200k), on dec 5th 2012,bio done 19th of dec 2012.Waiting for decision.MY QUESTION IS
CAN I START BUSINESS RIGHT NOW ? OR I have to wait till their decision ?
Could you guys please confirm me.

Thanks

buntyz

Re: TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA ,INVESTING MONEY

Post by buntyz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:04 pm

shahin12 wrote:Hi everyone,
I was applied tier 1 entrepreneur visa from tier 4 route(200k), on dec 5th 2012,bio done 19th of dec 2012.Waiting for decision.MY QUESTION IS

Thanks
hey Shahin legally u cannot start ur business until u will get some decision coz wen u applied u ws on TIER 4 visa so that means ur legal status in UK is still TIER 4 student and according to TIER4 status u r nt allowed to do ur own business. So my advice is sit tight n wait 4 d decision.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Re: TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA ,INVESTING MONEY

Post by esic_sonia » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:29 pm

buntyz wrote:
shahin12 wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks
hey Shahin legally u cannot start ur business until u will get some decision coz wen u applied u ws on TIER 4 visa so that means ur legal status in UK is still TIER 4 student and according to TIER4 status u r nt allowed to do ur own business. So my advice is sit tight n wait 4 d decision.
Affirmative. Legally, you are not allowed to do any business. You can only wait for the decision.
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:47 pm

No, I don't agree. Under Tier 4 you can't be self-employed and employment is limited to the hours and conditions for the type of course. However, there are no restrictions on Tier 4 migrants investing in, and therefore owning or being a director of, a UK business entity so long as they are not drawing a salary from that.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No, I don't agree. Under Tier 4 you can't be self-employed and employment is limited to the hours and conditions for the type of course. However, there are no restrictions on Tier 4 migrants investing in, and therefore owning or being a director of, a UK business entity so long as they are not drawing a salary from that.
As you said Under Tier 4 you can't be self-employed and employment is limited to the hours and conditions for the type of course. how u cn invest widot being self employed or creatin ur own company

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 am

You seem to be asking how can you invest in a company without being employed or self-employed. Investing in a business and becoming a director of said business has nothing to do with self-employment or employment.