ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do after 6months wait? (Its been 4.5 already)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bigbozz
Newly Registered

What to do after 6months wait? (Its been 4.5 already)

Post by Bigbozz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:50 am

Hi all,

I'm starting to become a bit concerned as my wife has applied for naturalization 4.5 months ago. (3yrs married to BC and applied at NCS). I've already tried to email them and got no reply. I wanted to know what I can do after we hit the 6month mark? And whether we can do anything in the meantime other than wait?

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Their are members of this board who cannot control their emotions and make every attempt to make communication with UKBA before they have submitted their application over 6 months ago despite the fact they are advised not to right here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... tionality/

Coincidentally, those very same folk end up waiting 4 months, 5 months, 6, 7, 8 or 9 months for their approval!

Try these methods:

1) Breathe slowly, relax, do some yoga...

2) Take up painting, get a treadmill and use it - just find some way to use that energy in a positive way.

- or - if you must! :

3) rock back and forth in your chair and repeat what it says on the above link :

You should only contact us if you submitted your application over 6 months ago

You should only contact us if you submitted your application over 6 months ago.

Does that help??

:roll:

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 pm

rod_p wrote:Their are members of this board who cannot control their emotions and make every attempt to make communication with UKBA before they have submitted their application over 6 months ago despite the fact they are advised not to right here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... tionality/

Coincidentally, those very same folk end up waiting 4 months, 5 months, 6, 7, 8 or 9 months for their approval!

Try these methods:

1) Breathe slowly, relax, do some yoga...

2) Take up painting, get a treadmill and use it - just find some way to use that energy in a positive way.

- or - if you must! :

3) rock back and forth in your chair and repeat what it says on the above link :

You should only contact us if you submitted your application over 6 months ago.

Does that help??

:roll:
Well said! Their service is just OUT OF ORDER

Bigbozz
Newly Registered

Post by Bigbozz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 am

Ok.. So what about 'after' the 6 months? Any useful advice?

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 am

Best advice - wait patiently and let UKBA do their job.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:04 am

vinny wrote:Be Patient.
:!:

skstorm
Newly Registered

Post by skstorm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:30 am

I am lucky as my husband has just been approved (married to BC similar app) but being honest I would not be sitting patiently I would be pestering for answers. If you look round on this forum there are email addresses that people have had responses from so you could try those. I did call the number and state I had an app over 6 months when I wanted to ask a question before ( not sure if this is still available or not) there is writing a letter asking for an update or contacting your mp. I don't think sitting back and waiting will get you anywhere. In my experience of being in companies and dealing with govt run companies if you shout loud enough they will want to deal with it and get it out the way.
When my husband went back to Cyprus to change his visa to a fiancé one we waited 3 months and the last 2 weeks I was ringing them everyday, emailing queries as to why it wasn't dealt with and also got my mp to contact as well. They rang my fiancé to ask him to tell me to stop ringing and in the next breath asked him to be there at 9am the next morning and they would sort his visa, which they did.
So I have to disagree with the advice on here, I think if you have waited a long time you deserve to have an update on your application and I would be trying to contact - you never know it may just have got lost and your contact will get them looking for it. If you have a good contact in NCS that may be able to enquire for you as they have a direct line to the caseworkers, just a thought.
Please remember this is just my opinion and what I would do, there is no right or wrong answer for this question.

alwaysintrouble
Newly Registered

Post by alwaysintrouble » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 am

I agree with skstorm there guys :), spot on.

Wish I had a fiancée, Some 1 who is a go getter.
Well we don't gave to put up with red tape or so much long .. Do we ?

But to some fellow singleton who are waiting for the brown envelope, 'almost there you have earned it' I know could been nicer just before Valentine day given you the extra guts or tsterone kick. Or it never meant to be.

If you read your ilr letter I was almost laughing 'you aren't British yet but children born to u would be' to cheer you up some part of your body is already British, half your DNA is ??

Oh before I go , we have to put up with the post office staff to explain why we don't have the grand parents detail.