ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

received invitation letter for 11th March Ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublinguy01
Newly Registered

received invitation letter for 11th March Ceremony

Post by dublinguy01 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi All,

I enlarged the application on October 2009, I am living in Ireland since 2002, working in the IT Sector and on Stamp 4.It took too long but finally got the good news.
I had been invited for the 11th March 2013 ceremony which is taking place in Dublin, and had been directed to submit GNIB card along with 950Euro Draft before 22nd of Feb.

I have two questions to be asked if some one can help.

1. My GNIB card is up for renewal on 2nd of March, So after sending the GNIB card, should i still go to the Garda office to get my new GNIB card on 2nd March? do i need to have my extension of GNIB card? or Shouldn't go for extension.

2. I already have some flights booked to Europe flying off on 22nd Feb for 1 week, My question is if i send my GNIB card to the immigration, would it be a problem for me to re-enter to Dublin without GNIB card? or as i already have Multi - exit re-entry visa on my passport valid upto 2nd March be good enough to enter the dublin through the Airport.

Or GNIB card is must for the entry into Dublin??

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:33 pm

dublinguy01 wrote:1. My GNIB card is up for renewal on 2nd of March, So after sending the GNIB card, should i still go to the Garda office to get my new GNIB card on 2nd March? do i need to have my extension of GNIB card? or Shouldn't go for extension.
There is someone with a similar situation as yours. You do not need to do anything in regards to your GNIB card anymore. I mean absolutely nothing!. Just send INIS your GNIB card, thats all!
dublinguy01 wrote:2. I already have some flights booked to Europe flying off on 22nd Feb for 1 week, My question is if i send my GNIB card to the immigration, would it be a problem for me to re-enter to Dublin without GNIB card? or as i already have Multi - exit re-entry visa on my passport valid upto 2nd March be good enough to enter the dublin through the Airport.

Or GNIB card is must for the entry into Dublin??
You can ring the immigration section to find out. What what I suggest is that you photocopy the evidence that you are invited to the 11th March ceremony, with your Multi re-entry visa should be ok to get you back to Ireland without any problem.

They immigration staff will know your story is legit for not having your GNIB card with you since you also produce an evidence of citizenship invitation.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.