ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Small doubt regarding spouse visa - Please help?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desmortess

Small doubt regarding spouse visa - Please help?

Post by desmortess » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Hello everybody

Good afternoon/evening. I have been reading this forum and found many people received help. I really appreciate it. Now its my first post in this forum. It may sound silly but please forgive me if it is.

I am from sri lanka and my spouse is from UK. I am going to apply next week and all documents are ready. However I have only one hiccup.

I was in the UK for my studies and work for 4 years and then I was back home. During my stay, I was in a relationship with a british girl and after a year gap we got married along with each other families. When I applied spouse visa online, at the end of the page it showed list of documents what I should get it.

IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application. Your printed application form should be signed and dated and should contain a bar code on the first page. If no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer. The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: You should read the 'Guide to Supporting Documents' to help you decide which documents will be useful in supporting the statements that you have made on your visa application form (VAF). The guide for your application type can be found here: http://www.ukba.home...avel/documents/
The appropriate fee

your current passport

your old passport or a copy of it

your original marriage or civil partnership certificate

either a letter confirming your period of employment from your employer together with salary slips for the last three months or a certificate confirming you have continuing studies or if you are self employed, evidence of your business for example company

evidence of contact between you and your sponsor for example letters, email, telephone bills, etc.

evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months

evidence of your current accommodation, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, utility bills, etc.

evidence of your sponsors accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, etc.

evidence of your sponsors employment or intended employment in the UK, for example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.

one recent passport photograph (not more than six months old
Now my question is - in the above document no:5 asking me about my employment.

I have done MBA degree and am unemployed since I been to Sri Lanka and am not able to find my sort of job in Sri - Lanka. But we are constructing a home and I was supervising the work now and then. Also I do sell some stuffs on ebay too which is not even regular. So is it really mandatory that I should be employed even though my spouse is sponsoring me.

Another question is - document no: 7 asking about my funds in bank - I do not have any funds available to me but I do have my bank account.

Will I be in any sort of problem because of this?

I hope you still awake after reading this. Anyone please share your wisdom.

Thank you !

Kitkat2013
Newly Registered

Re: Small doubt regarding spouse visa - Please help?

Post by Kitkat2013 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm

desmortess wrote:Hello everybody

Good afternoon/evening. I have been reading this forum and found many people received help. I really appreciate it. Now its my first post in this forum. It may sound silly but please forgive me if it is.

I am from sri lanka and my spouse is from UK. I am going to apply next week and all documents are ready. However I have only one hiccup.

I was in the UK for my studies and work for 4 years and then I was back home. During my stay, I was in a relationship with a british girl and after a year gap we got married along with each other families. When I applied spouse visa online, at the end of the page it showed list of documents what I should get it.

IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application. Your printed application form should be signed and dated and should contain a bar code on the first page. If no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer. The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: You should read the 'Guide to Supporting Documents' to help you decide which documents will be useful in supporting the statements that you have made on your visa application form (VAF). The guide for your application type can be found here: http://www.ukba.home...avel/documents/
The appropriate fee

your current passport

either a letter confirming your period of employment from your employer together with salary slips for the last three months or a certificate confirming you have continuing studies or if you are self employed, evidence of your business for example company

evidence of contact between you and your sponsor for example letters, email, telephone bills, etc.

evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months

evidence of your current accommodation, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, utility bills, etc.

evidence of your sponsors accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, etc.

evidence of your sponsors employment or intended employment in the UK, for example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.

I have done MBA degree and am unemployed since I been to Sri Lanka and am not able to find my sort of job in Sri - Lanka. But we are constructing a home and I was supervising the work now and then. Also I do sell some stuffs on ebay too which is not even regular. So is it really mandatory that I should be employed even though my spouse is sponsoring me.

Another question is - document no: 7 asking about my funds in bank - I do not have any funds available to me but I do have my bank account.

Thank you !

Good luck,

I think you should submit everything even if you think it might not be sufficient, (it's for them to decide) also, if your partner has a good wage going into her account every month then you should be fine.

Ps attach everything as listed and a bit more. Read the checklist over and over to make sure that you have submitted all the required documents.

This will save you a lot of hassle, I.e UKBA writing back to ask you to submit more documents etc.

Good luck to both of you.

Nearly 5 months and still waiting for spousal visa too...(I thought mine was straight forward)

GOOD LUCK to both of you.

desmortess

Re: Small doubt regarding spouse visa - Please help?

Post by desmortess » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:13 am

Kitkat2013 wrote:
desmortess wrote:Hello everybody

The appropriate fee

your current passport

Thank you !

Good luck,

I think you should submit everything even if you think it might not be sufficient, (it's for them to decide) also, if your partner has a good wage going into her account every month then you should be fine.

Ps attach everything as listed and a bit more. Read the checklist over and over to make sure that you have submitted all the required documents.

This will save you a lot of hassle, I.e UKBA writing back to ask you to submit more documents etc.

Good luck to both of you.

Nearly 5 months and still waiting for spousal visa too...(I thought mine was straight forward)

GOOD LUCK to both of you.
Thanks for your reply. I think I will just apply with all the documents I have. Anyway hey thanks. Where did you apply from? Sometimes UKBA are pain in the A**. I understand how it feels :cry: