ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sister denied visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

makiz63
Newly Registered

Sister denied visa

Post by makiz63 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:42 pm

I have Indefinate Leave here in the UK and my young sister who turned 19 in December last year. Around August 06 I applied for a dedendent visa for her and it was denied. The reason for refusal is because she is over 18 years and they dont believe that she is dependent on me. I then wrote a letter of appeal to Immigration and Advisory Board arguing that she was dependent on me and sent them evidence of money that I send her.

I received a letter recently for a court date in February. Has anyone been through this process. Please can you also give any suggestions that you may have.

Thank You.