ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestions for extending my visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jamiealderson
Newly Registered

Suggestions for extending my visa

Post by jamiealderson » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:52 am

I am currently living in Ireland on a Working Holiday Authorization, I am American. In the months since I've lived here, I've gotten engaged to an Irish citizen. We have already applied for a Fiance Visa(K1) for my fiance to move to the US with me. Problem is, the K1 visa process takes 6-9 months, we only just filed. My Working Holiday expires soon. I don't want to move back to the US without my fiance, but he can't go to the US for 6-9 months, long after my WHA expires.

Is there any way for me to extend my WHA, for say 6 months, if I can prove we have every intention to move to the US this year.

Also, I just got hired at a restaurant and they are asking for my GNIB number, which is valid now, but will expire soon. What will happen when my WHA is over, will the company be notified? Will they have access to any of that information, like the expiration date? Will my PPS number be null and void? I don't want to stay here illegally, and had no intention of doing so, but you can't stop the heart can you?

Any advice on how I can stay with my fiance? Thanks!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:05 am

k1 visa process is approx6-9 months.if you want to stay in ireland after your working visa finish.why you dont visit GNIB with your faince.they will give you stamp relationship with irish citizens. i dont think so its might be any problemi am sending you link below just call them they are very helpfull and friendly for immigration matters www.immigrantcouncil.ie www.mrci.ie.good luck

mellosteph
Newly Registered

Results

Post by mellosteph » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:22 am

Hello! I was wondering what you ended up finding out about your situation. I'm anticipating a similar situation as an American with an Irish significant other.

Thank you!!