ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thank You !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guaravd

Thank You !!

Post by guaravd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum who provide advice as well as the one's who share their experiences.

Now I would like to share my overall experience of successfully getting the tier 1 extension: Salaried + Self Employed

My appointment was at UKBA liverpool (Same Day PEO Appointment). I went through the general security checks and after waiting for 5-mins I was asked to submit all my documents. Unfortunately they decided they will not provide me with the result on the same day(as they need to do further checks) and it was conveyed to me before I could pay the fee.
They advised that I should rather apply via the post as it will save my application fee and will take the similar time. But after thinking for couple of minutes I decided to make the application in person as I'll at least have my biometrics done.
Finally the fees was paid and I went through my biometrics. Then the case was allocated to the case worker and we waited there for approx hour and a half hoping that we will be given the decision on the same day but I was called and informed that as discussed earlier they are sending my docs to their central processing department and a letter was handed over to me explaining the same.

Finally within a week's time I got my approval letter and in the following week my biometric was delivered. The overall experience was very smooth.

Thanks to all for sharing the valuable information and making this a great forum !!

karthik_513

Hi,

Post by karthik_513 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi,

If possible can you please share what are the documents you submitted for your self-employment??

Also in my case, I am still paying 2011/12 tax arrears to hmrc via payment plan every month. Did you had any related issue about tax arrears in your case for your self-employment. ?? OR do you think - will this be an issue at the time of extension ??

Thanks in advance