ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK - Update on HSMP Processing Times

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajilani

Post by ajilani » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:39 am

20 July 2004

The Home Office has announced that Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) visas are currently taking approximately four months at this time, until further notice.

Applications received by 15 March are currently being processed.

If you have a job offer, your application may be processed on an urgent basis but only if you have been waiting for at least six weeks. Requests for urgent treatment for reasons other than employment will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:50 am

Thanks for sharing Ajilani.
This was discussed yesterday right here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 8&start=15
and it looks like it is not too correct. There are applications with dates after which seems processed.
Cheers
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

KV

Post by KV » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:28 am

at 20 cases a day, they can process only 450-500 cases per month. That is outrageously slow! So if 152xx or say 15300 was decided on 16th July, others can calculate the time by simply subtracting this from their case number devided by 20...that many number of days from 16th july (and you have to devide that by 22 working days in a month, to get waiting period in months). At this rate, it will take them more than 7 months to decide my case (0191xx) :roll:, which seems unlikely. So i think they would be processing atleast 40 cases per day (or even more). Would be interesting to know, what assumption LA_Mike has taken to compute his spreadsheet.

neo__x

Post by neo__x » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:20 am

KV wrote:at 20 cases a day, they can process only 450-500 cases per month. That is outrageously slow! So if 152xx or say 15300 was decided on 16th July, others can calculate the time by simply subtracting this from their case number devided by 20...that many number of days from 16th july (and you have to devide that by 22 working days in a month, to get waiting period in months). At this rate, it will take them more than 7 months to decide my case (0191xx) :roll:, which seems unlikely. So i think they would be processing atleast 40 cases per day (or even more). Would be interesting to know, what assumption LA_Mike has taken to compute his spreadsheet.
Not to mention the increasing trend of rejections we can see now.... (most probably they have reached an unofficial quota limit and are now making it very difficult for other people - thats how it happens for other visas as well e.g. visit visas.. the embassy keeps on giving visit visas to every tom dick and harry, then all of a sudden they start declining visas even to legitimate candidates :( )

algorithm
Newly Registered

Ref: 152XX Response :(

Post by algorithm » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:16 am

Unable to find a pattern, my app was received on 22nd and I got a response that we are processing Marh 15. While somebody else got the response that we are processing around 22.