ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - 11 Feb - Croydon PEO - Ltd Company Contractor

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maverick18

ILR Success - 11 Feb - Croydon PEO - Ltd Company Contractor

Post by maverick18 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 am

Got ILR approved for myself, wife and 2 yr old son on 11th Feb at Croydon PEO.
I am an IT Contractor working through my own Limited company for the past 4 years.
I had changed my annual accounting year for my Limited company last year to coincide with my previous earnings claim period(Jan - Dec 2012) so as to make my application as straightforward as possible.

Previous visa: HSMP(2 years) + Tier 1-General(3 years)
HSMP Entry Clearance stamp date: 03 Mar 2008
Date of First entry: 30 Mar 2008
Current Tier 1 Visa Expiry: 03 Mar 2013

Total No. of days outside UK in the 5 year period: 94 days(no evidence submitted)

Documents submitted :
Passports - Old & New Passports for Self and Dependants
Photographs - with names written on the back
Life in UK Pass Certificate - wife and myself
Birth Certificate - Son
Personal Bank statements
Salary slips
Dividend Vouchers - signed and stamped by Accountant
Accountant Letter
Company Incorporation Certificate
4 years P60S, P45, SA-302
Contract Reference letter from my agency with details about my current and previous contracts.
Co-habitation documents (Bank Statements, council tax statement, Electricity bill, DSA theory test certificate, NHS Letters, TV Licensing receipts)

Our appointment was at 09:45 AM

09:15 - Arrived at PEO and finished security checks
09:30 - Appointment letter verification and token number issued
09:40 - Paid the Fees
10:10 - Called by caseworker for initial application check and registration of case
11:00 - Called for Biometrics
12:00 - Called by different caseworker for evaluation
He asked for the documents mentioned above one by one and only took the photocopies and returned the
originals to me immediately. The only original he retained was my son's birth certificate. He mentioned that
it would take a while for him to assess and asked us to have our lunch and come back by 2 PM.

02:30 - Decision and approval letter given by caseworker. Told that we should receive our BRPs in the next 5-7 working days.

I had these additional documents with me but were not asked for them by CW:
1. Business Bank Account Statements
2. Latest Financial accounts for the Limited company showing Balance Sheet and P/L
3. Company VAT registration certificate and shareholding certificate
4. VAT Filing receipts
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Previous HSMP & Tier 1 approval letters
7. Degree Certificate
8. Employment Contracts.

Overall experience at the Croydon PEO was mixed as there are some really helpful staff while others are a bit grumpy.

I would like to thank all the forum members for your posts and inputs that have been a great reference while preparing for the ILR application and enabled me to apply without any agents or solicitors.
Last edited by maverick18 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ishchopra

Hello

Post by ishchopra » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Congratulations !

One Questions:

Co-habitation documents (Bank Statements, council tax statement, Electricity bill, DSA theory test certificate, NHS Letters, TV Licensing receipts)

Do they need latest copy of above docs or previous few months? how many did you submit?

maverick18

Re: Hello

Post by maverick18 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:35 pm

ishchopra wrote:Congratulations !

One Questions:

Do they need latest copy of above docs or previous few months? how many did you submit?
Thanks. I had submitted around 15 documents. Not all of them had both our names included. We ensured that the dates
on the documents were spread over the entire 2 year period. ie. For the period from Feb 2011 to Jan 2013 - we had submitted
a Bank statement in my wife's name alone dated Feb 2011, TV license in my name dated May 2011 & May 2012,
Council Tax in both our names dated Feb 2012 etc.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Congratulations.Well done. Your Experience was very informative.Documents you have submitted to CW,were they all asked for??

maverick18

Post by maverick18 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Congratulations.Well done. Your Experience was very informative.Documents you have submitted to CW,were they all asked for??
Thanks. The documents I submitted were explicitly asked for by the CW even though I had additional documents with me just in case.
As I said, he did not look at the originals at all except my son's birth certificate. He just obtained the photocopies from me for his evaluation.

ishchopra

Post by ishchopra » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Hey,

Which means they need not to be continuous rather can be single document spreaded across two years.

right?

Also, these documents required even if you are filling SET(O) form, i mean you are including your dependent in the same form?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Thank You maverick18. CW would have realized how organized you are,with your documents( i see it from your post). Enjoy your ILR with your family.

maverick18

BRP received

Post by maverick18 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am

Received BRP cards for self, wife and son on Friday(15 Feb).

nitinaggarwalin
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success - 11 Feb - Croydon PEO - Ltd Company Contrac

Post by nitinaggarwalin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 pm

maverick18 wrote:
Documents submitted :
Passports - Old & New Passports for Self and Dependants
Photographs - with names written on the back
Life in UK Pass Certificate - wife and myself
Birth Certificate - Son
Personal Bank statements
Salary slips
Dividend Vouchers - signed and stamped by Accountant
Accountant Letter
Company Incorporation Certificate
4 years P60S, P45, SA-302
Contract Reference letter from my agency with details about my current and previous contracts.

I had these additional documents with me but were not asked for them by CW:
1. Business Bank Account Statements
2. Latest Financial accounts for the Limited company showing Balance Sheet and P/L
3. Company VAT registration certificate and shareholding certificate
4. VAT Filing receipts
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Previous HSMP & Tier 1 approval letters
7. Degree Certificate
8. Employment Contracts.

Hi Mate,

All these documents regarding "Contract Reference letter from my agency with details about my current and previous contracts."

Did they explicitly ask for these? If you had already provided accountant letter dividend vouchers and bank statements do you still need to provide them?

And the same for 4 years P60S, P45, SA-302

Or Did you take them just to be safe????

If its needed can you please share the agency reference letter @ naggarwal@gmail.com

Regards
Nitin

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Letter from accountant is one of mandatory requirement when your source of earning is contracting/LTD company. This letter also demonstrates accountant is qualified and recognised/registered to competent body (e.g. CIMA).

Its good to carry P60s from last 5 years.