ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application approved, but no fee deducted

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usman81

Visa application approved, but no fee deducted

Post by usman81 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 am

Hi - My visa application for Tier1 G has been approved and received documents but no fee has been deducted yet! Is that normal? what should i do?
I am no one only GOD knows the best

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Its not normal. Its not your job to get the fees deducted. Its their incompetency.

Its up to you to either -
- Call them and point this out to them OR
- Do nothing.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Visa application approved, but no fee deducted

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:15 pm

usman81 wrote:Hi - My visa application for Tier1 G has been approved and received documents but no fee has been deducted yet! Is that normal? what should i do?
I would do nothing :)

Mela

Post by Mela » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm

YOu are not tlegally obliged to do anything. Yu proided them with legitimate methods of payment for X amount they provided you with the visa. Whether they take the payment and when they take the payment its not your competency, i.e. not your problem.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 pm

I beg to differ.

At the end of the day, you have been provided with a service and you need to pay for it or at least make sure that it's paid for. The mere fact that you have noticed that no payment has gone off, makes it even more important for you to make sure it gets sorted out.

By ignoring the issue, it is quite plainly stealing/fraud. You wouldn't knowingly walk out of Tesco without paying for your groceries, why would you accept a visa, knowing that you didn't pay for it. (I'm not saying return it, but at least make an effort to make sure it's paid for).

Unlike what was said before, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that payment is made for a service you were provided. (If a direct debit fails for whatever reason, you remain liable to make sure your payments are up to date, you can't blame the service provider).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mela

Post by Mela » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 pm

mulderpf wrote:I beg to differ.

At the end of the day, you have been provided with a service and you need to pay for it or at least make sure that it's paid for. The mere fact that you have noticed that no payment has gone off, makes it even more important for you to make sure it gets sorted out.

By ignoring the issue, it is quite plainly stealing/fraud. You wouldn't knowingly walk out of Tesco without paying for your groceries, why would you accept a visa, knowing that you didn't pay for it. (I'm not saying return it, but at least make an effort to make sure it's paid for).

Unlike what was said before, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that payment is made for a service you were provided. (If a direct debit fails for whatever reason, you remain liable to make sure your payments are up to date, you can't blame the service provider).
You have a point mulderph, but situation here is a bit different. With the payments to the UKBA, payer's only responsibility is to provide legitimate method of payment, he passes these methods of payment to payee and payer is not even presented at the point of transaction, the methods of payment (checks, postal orders, bank card details) stays with payee so its up to him at which point of transaction to take the payment or not to take it at all.

Lets say you go to the shop and you pay for item with postal order. YOu pass this postal order to the cashier and leave with the item. Cashier mispaces the postal order and forgets about it. is it you respnsibility to call the postal office to ensure the postal orders are cashed? No. you passed the legitimate and valid payment accepted by the shop and thats all.

The cases you mentioned (direct debit fails, etc) is the situtaion with the failed payments, which is slightly differentt. yes when the payment is attempted and failed by some reason (chek bounces back, bank stops the card payment for fraud reasons, etc) its responsibility o fthe payee to ensure the paymnet is made, but with UKBA usually if the payment fails they dont even procedd with the service, i.e. application is returned as invalid.

With certain methods of payment like bank draft and postal orders its not even easy to check if the payment is cashed.
So from legal point of you OP odesnt have to check whereth the payment is made or not, but he would have to pay for the service even if UKBA calls him after X years and asks for the payment. the responsibility stays with him.

As for the moral point of view, yes, he can call and notify them, i would personally would do so, but there is no legal obligation to do so.
Last edited by Mela on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:34 pm

I still disagree. Suppose I go to Tesco and I pay for my groceries on my credit card. If I hand over my card to the cashier and I see that the payment did not go through but the cashier does not notice, if at that point I decide to proceed and leave the shop wothout completing payment, I am then shoplifting. Whether or not the cashier noticed if payment went through or not at this point I am stealing because I am knowingly leaving without payment.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mela

Post by Mela » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:42 pm

mulderpf wrote:I still disagree. Suppose I go to Tesco and I pay for my groceries on my credit card. If I hand over my card to the cashier and I see that the payment did not go through but the cashier does not notice, if at that point I decide to proceed and leave the shop wothout completing payment, I am then shoplifting. Whether or not the cashier noticed if payment went through or not at this point I am stealing because I am knowingly leaving without payment.
UKBA payment case is different, payer is not presented at he point of transaction. he didnt "leave" without payment like in the case with the shop, his card details (postal orders, check, bank draft, etc) are still with UKBA.

honey_parmar
Newly Registered

Post by honey_parmar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi,

I agree with mulderpf.

I feel u pay up as you have used services simple.The person responsible for deduction might face music in any future audit

Make a difference to him

Ta

Mela

Post by Mela » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

honey_parmar wrote:Hi,

I agree with mulderpf.

I feel u pay up as you have used services simple.The person responsible for deduction might face music in any future audit

Make a difference to him

Ta
so just note the difference between the legal and moral obligation to pay.

following morals and feeling for person responsible for payment, i would pay too

but again they can take payment whenevr thy want, th payment methods are still with UKBA!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:30 pm

It isnt just moral though, is it. You still have an unfulfilled obligation in the contract eith the UKBA. We also dont know if this was due to a declined payment from the bank.