ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help; Additional Documents Requested by Case Worker!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pakurumo
Newly Registered

Urgent Help; Additional Documents Requested by Case Worker!!

Post by pakurumo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm

I went to PEO today 15 Feb 2013 and my case worker request for additional documents. As listed below:

1; please advise us the hourly rate of your consultation fees charged to your clients. Details of how many hours you have worked on each assignment with reference to the invoices drawn on.

2; please advise us on your level of expertise in the Marketing. Services that you are providing for your clients. We are expecting to see certificates, certifications and letters showing your acquisition of the skills.

Please i need your advice and help with solving this problem. I went to my accountant and he says it has to do with my invoice, that he has no business with this additional information. Please is it also possible. To use another accountant at this stage because I am confused and do not know what to do next.
Thank you.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:19 pm

I don't think you need an accountant to provide the required information. UKBA simply want to establish that your business is legitimate and not simply set up for immigration purposes.

So answer as best you can, detailing how you have gone about charging your clients (I'm assuming you didn't just bill them some random amount and that it was down to some means of calculation???).

And then any qualifications you have proving your ability in your field (or anything else that you can prove that what you are doing is a legitimate business and that you are not just randomly invoicing people to make it seem that you are running a business).

There's no need to change accountants and if your business is legitimate, you don't have much to worry about - simply provide the required information and all should be fine.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi,

I went for Tier-1 Extension yesterday and even I asked to submit documents to proof that 'Please advise us on your level of expertise in IT Consultancy/background.'.

I am planning to submit my experience letters which I have from my previous IT consultancy companies and some certifications I have done so far. I believe that should be good enough to prove this...

What documents did you share with your application as I am asked to provide some additional documents like profit and loss, company returns?

Regards,
Yash

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Are fully self employed or partially employed and Self employed?

Number of clients you have?

Do you have any professional qualifications or certifications in field of Marketing or experience?

JaySam

Post by JaySam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi,

Which PEO you went to ?

pakurumo
Newly Registered

Post by pakurumo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 pm

rdamsel wrote:Are fully self employed or partially employed and Self employed?

Number of clients you have?

Do you have any professional qualifications or certifications in field of Marketing or experience?

Am particially self employed,
I have 27 clients .
I dont have any formal qualification in marketing, but my former place of work would oblige me if i request such from them , as i was a marketer with the coy

pakurumo
Newly Registered

Post by pakurumo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 pm

JaySam wrote:Hi,

Which PEO you went to ?

I was at Croyden PEO

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Seems this is UKBA now paying a closer attention to folks presumably setting up shell companies and *passing some transactions through* just to qualify for a Tier 1 renewal. (Please note I said 'seems' and 'presumably' so not accusing anyone of anything).

For someone running a ltd company legitimately, it should be quite straightforward to fulfil all these additional requests from UKBA. Even when you are not applying for a Tier 1 visa, invoices, receipts etc are standard information/records the business would have been keeping along the line to file statutory end-ofyear accounts to HMRC.

For the IT Consultant, if UKBA are asking you to submit profit and loss, company returns documents, then I take it you didn't go with those documents during your visit - was this an omission as these documents are clearly stated as part of the requirements when operating through a limited company. Your accountant should be able to help you with this.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

pakurumo
Newly Registered

Post by pakurumo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Yash001 wrote:Hi,

I went for Tier-1 Extension yesterday and even I asked to submit documents to proof that 'Please advise us on your level of expertise in IT Consultancy/background.'.

I am planning to submit my experience letters which I have from my previous IT consultancy companies and some certifications I have done so far. I believe that should be good enough to prove this...

What documents did you share with your application as I am asked to provide some additional documents like profit and loss, company returns?

Regards,
Yash
Yes I submitted my profit/Loss account, excel report on my employment & self employed clients with date of payments, amount paid & invoice date.
And I am still being asked to bring more documents, that's part of the reasons why I am confused, not knowing what exactly is am to provide to convince my CW.

For my level of expertise in have already request a letter of work experience from my former place of work, which I feel should be okay, if am not mistaking again.