ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment Eligibility - Confused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longhorn1

PEO Appointment Eligibility - Confused

Post by longhorn1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Below are my details:

HSMP + Tier 1 General (2years + 3years)
EC date 12/2/2008
Date of 1st Entry = 03/5/2008
Tier 1 Expiry 06/4/2013

I have a PEO appointment for 25/2/2013.
Now my confusion is with regards to Question 7.1 of the SET(O) form: How long have you lived in the UK?
If I calculate from my date of first entry, I would have lived in the UK for only 4 years 9months but if I calculate from EC date it would be 5 years.
Am I good to keep that appointment for the 25th of February, 2013 without being in violation of the minimum 4years 11months prior application date rule?
Gurus please advise
Longhorn1

uksettlement
India

Re: PEO Appointment Eligibility - Confused

Post by uksettlement » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:56 pm

longhorn1 wrote:Below are my details:

HSMP + Tier 1 General (2years + 3years)
EC date 12/2/2008
Date of 1st Entry = 03/5/2008
Tier 1 Expiry 06/4/2013

I have a PEO appointment for 25/2/2013.
Now my confusion is with regards to Question 7.1 of the SET(O) form: How long have you lived in the UK?
If I calculate from my date of first entry, I would have lived in the UK for only 4 years 9months but if I calculate from EC date it would be 5 years.
Am I good to keep that appointment for the 25th of February, 2013 without being in violation of the minimum 4years 11months prior application date rule?
Gurus please advise
Longhorn1
Yes u r fine as you entered less tan 90 days after your EC. Keep the same appointment.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:20 am

Thank you very much Uksettlement.
I have another question as below:
I am applying along with my two dependant children who are now over 18 years. They were under 18 years when we first arrived the UK in 2008. They are both in University now (3rd year and 2nd year) both currently hold valid visas as child of Tier 1 General Migrant. They are still fully dependent on me and are not living an independent life.They both still live with me.
As per guidance, they will be filling separate SET(O) form as me, pay the applicable fees and I intend to provide them with my payslips and bank statements, and a letter of sponsorship to support their application. They will also provide letter from their University and other relevant documents including the life in the UK pass certificates.

Now my confusion centres around the fact that they do undertake some part-time work though their earnings are nothing to qualify them. Do they need to declare this on the application form and provide payslips (not even sure they have record of these) and bank statements in addition to mine that I will be providing to support their application?
Please advise.

Kind regards,

Longhorn1