ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting a friend to the UK with ILR Status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilachi

Inviting a friend to the UK with ILR Status

Post by skilachi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello,

Not sure if there is a similar question in this forum as I cudnt find anything to it.

I've got my ILR last year and now I'm a permanent resident in the UK. My question is, a friend wants to come and visit me in the UK and its her 1st time. Can I write up an invitation letter with my ILR status or I have to be a full british citizen before I can give out invitation letter?

Thanks

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:21 am

Yes you can write up a invitation letter. If she is applying for a General Visitor visa then you have to follow the guidelines and prepare docs accordingly

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 am

See also Visitor Guidance.

Note thate even visitors may invite people.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.