ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-self employed,but pays taxes online-no accountant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vnambiar
Newly Registered

ILR-self employed,but pays taxes online-no accountant

Post by vnambiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi
I am applying for ILR at PEO Liverpool on 12th March
I am self employed and get a gross pay every month depending on how much work I do.
I do not have an accountant and I am not a registered company.
I can get a letter from the employers stating the exact amount that they paid in the last 12 months and I can provide the bank statements and the amounts will match.
BUT,the SetO form and the guidance states that self-employed candidates must provide a third document as proof of earnings and I understand that it has to be a letter from the accountant.
I cannot since I do not use an accountant.My taxes are straight forward and I do it online.
What other document can I provide?
Also,any feedback about Liverpool PEO is much appreciated

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Are you running your business as a sole trader? Registered with HMRC and filing Annual Returns?

vnambiar
Newly Registered

Post by vnambiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:24 pm

i am a sole trader.i am registered with HMRC and paid my tax for april 2011 to march 2012 in January 2013.
i have not got any statement or letter from HMRC for that though.and even if I get any it is still beyond the 15 months period,hence cannot use that as a proof

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:14 pm

You have bank statements and Employer's letter. That's o.k if they match. What sort of taxes are you paying ? Have you contacted HMRC about any proof they can give you?Some CWs look at matters very minutely.e:- as per guidance,all documents.That's the worry.

vnambiar
Newly Registered

Post by vnambiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:32 pm

thats exactly the worry.For my Tier ! general and for its extension,I had submitted letter from employer and bank statements and it was fine both times.Wonder why they ask for a third document.
As I said,anything that I can get from HMRC will be for upto April 2012 which is not useful now

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:43 pm

If they have accepted both documents for your extension,that's good. HMRC up to April 2012. get it. Look up in www.businessforums.co.uk, for any more documents.

vnambiar
Newly Registered

Post by vnambiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:53 pm

I will do.Thank you very much

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:58 pm

No problems mate. Let me know how did you go? Basically if you could give them documents ,from Independent sources,as proof, it will help your case.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi vnambiar,

How do you have an employer if you are a sole trader?

(I am in a similiar situation to yourself thus am curious).

vnambiar
Newly Registered

Post by vnambiar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi katwmn6
Yes,I do have an employer who can give me a letter stating the amount he paid me in the last 12 months.
What documents are u planning to submit and when and where is your appointment?

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks vnambiar.

I am up for ILR in Mar 2014 and am debating switching from self employed (sole trader) to normal employment for this year just to avoid having to prove self employed earnings. I would much prefer to stay self employed, but I worry that, given my circumstances, it would be too hard to prove earnings for UKBA.

I receive client referrals through a few agencies, who then take a commission. I work on volume (lots of clients, small amount of money per client) so proving income for each and every client with invoices and a paper trail is far too complicated and unreliable (I sometimes only work with a client for a few days, and then never have contact with them again). I've wondered if letters from the referring agenices would be suitable, but as they are neither my clients nor my employer, I'm not sure whether that would count as evidence.