ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The appropriate salary on tier 2 (General).

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssoommyy
Newly Registered

The appropriate salary on tier 2 (General).

Post by ssoommyy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Hello,

In regards to the guidelines of the appropriate salary on tier 2, do guaranteed bonuses count towards the appropriate salary set out in the SOC code?

In Tier 2 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance version 12/12 states that..
75.We will consider basic pay (excluding overtime) plus any allowances (such as
London weighting) or bonuses, which would also be paid to a settled worker in similar
circumstances, provided these allowances and or bonuses are part of your guaranteed
salary package.

What does it mean in this state?

If My job is Programmer (SOC Code 2132). This job requires £26000 per year from the SOC code, but I gets paid- gross salary package of £26500
(including £3000 guaranteed bonus).

Is this applicable? Will I be awarded points for appropriate salary? Please help me as I need to apply my visa soon.

Thanks.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:09 pm

How does it show up on your payslip?

ssoommyy
Newly Registered

Post by ssoommyy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 am

Gagan1986 wrote:How does it show up on your payslip?
I dont know at the moment. Because this salary package is effective this month and I will see it by the end of this month.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Bonus may not be considered. Because the application asks for salary and bonus sperately. It's better to check with the works permits desk at your company.

See this From here:
When assessing the appropriate rate and awarding points for prospective earnings, UKBA will consider basic pay (excluding overtime) plus any allowances, such as London weighting, which would also be paid to a settled worker in similar circumstances, provided these allowances are part of the guaranteed salary package. UKBA will not consider other benefits, such as bonus or incentive pay, travel and subsistence (including travel to and from the migrant’s home country).