ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WorkPermit-ILR-more than 6 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashokkru
Newly Registered

WorkPermit-ILR-more than 6 years

Post by ashokkru » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello,

I have been in the UK since Jan 2007,more than 6 years. I first entered the country under Work Permit, and then changed to Tier 1 Dependent visa.
I received ILR in June 2012.

Am I eligible to apply for naturalisation now (from Jan 2007 to Feb 2013) Or should I wait to complete 1 yr under ILR, before applying for naturalisation?

Many thanks

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: WorkPermit-ILR-more than 6 years

Post by kiranchinnu » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:09 pm

ashokkru wrote:Hello,

I have been in the UK since Jan 2007,more than 6 years. I first entered the country under Work Permit, and then changed to Tier 1 Dependent visa.
I received ILR in June 2012.

Am I eligible to apply for naturalisation now (from Jan 2007 to Feb 2013) Or should I wait to complete 1 yr under ILR, before applying for naturalisation?

Many thanks
You need to complete one year on ILR so you will be eligible in June 2013 for BC depending other requirements are met.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

ashokkru
Newly Registered

Post by ashokkru » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Thank you