ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surname change after marriage

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

call2bala

surname change after marriage

Post by call2bala » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Dear Friends

I am going to apply for ILR next month with my 2 dependents(wife and son).

When i got married and applied PBS Dependant visa for my wife, she did not change her surname at the time of application. Her surname on UK visa is the one before the marriage.

Change of surname as a result of marriage:
After she came to UK, she changed her surname and changed the surname in her passport ( they have written her new surname on her passport Misc. page) but didnot change that on her visa.

Is this going to be a problem when she applies for ILR along with me? she have all UK letters, NHS, bills etc., on her new surname.

your comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Regards
call2bala

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:36 pm

No. It won't b a problem. If you are writing a cover letter, mention this.

I did the same for my Tier-1 extension with dependent (wife).

call2bala

Post by call2bala » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks a lot. I will do that and I am not sure if they are going to accept any covering letter in same day PEO service. It is worth to keep that