ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving the UK while SET (M) visa in process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lee1664
Newly Registered

Leaving the UK while SET (M) visa in process

Post by lee1664 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi All,

Sorry in advance if this question has been asked but i have searched through the forum and not found an example of our specific issue.

My fiance (American national), I and extended family have a holiday booked to USA to visit her family. We applied for the visa by the checking service and that is now in the hands of the UKBA. I am aware that those who request the return of their passport to leave the country will require them to withdraw their application.

As my fiance has her passport will she be allowed to leave the UK to go home for a holiday? Or for what would be the reason that they will not let her go? I understand the reason if they need to send the passport to the individual leaving the UK but we have hers already.

When we applied it stated a 3 month waiting period only to find out its close to 6 months. the holiday was booked 4 1/2 months after the due date so we assumed (wrongly) there was plenty of time.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance for any help

Lee