ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 day rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pathanman
Newly Registered

28 day rule

Post by pathanman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi,

I first entered UK on Work Permit on 02-03-2008. Subsequently I got a T1-G and after extension it now expires some time in 2014.

My 5 yrs in UK complete on 01-03-2013.

The UKBA guidance on below given website states:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... et%28o%29/

"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee."

Does this cover PEO appointments as well? In which case I should be able to apply now (i.e. before 01-03-2013)?

Also how does this impact Section 9 Part D1 where we have to attest that:

"Please confirm whether you have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United Kingdom".

Lastly if I do get an ILR after 4 yrs 11 months does that in any way negatively impact a potential British Citizenship application in a further year's time?

Grateful for guidance.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:30 pm

You are ok to apply from now until your visa expires. Don't worry about the 28 day rule too much. Get your ILR sorted first. you then have another full year to worry about the citizenship question.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.