ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp for wage slips

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lysergik
Newly Registered

Stamp for wage slips

Post by lysergik » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:09 am

I work for a small company that doesn't have a stamp, so I need to get one made up to stamp my wage slips with.

Forgive my ignorance, I dont think I've ever seen a company stamp before.

But does anybody know what features this stamp must have to be acceptable to the home office?

ie:

Company Logo?
Contact Details?
Date?

etc....

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:43 am

i can find out for you monday, since the immigration lawyer my company is dealing with talks to Home Office quite a lot.

since i already had to submit my application, they just used current stamp with company name, saying that the document was true copy of original, with room for one of the directors to sign it. It had no logo.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Stamp for wage slips

Post by pantaiema » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 am

If you have been working in the UK for quite a few years you will notice that stamping letter or documents is not common in the UK. Not only small company bur also MNC with over 1000 employers. The point here is, if there is any doubt the person who receive the letter could easily contact/verify to the person who produce the letter.

I remember in some countries, if I wanted I could easily get a stamp from the street from any company (as long as I had the printed sample of that stamp on the paper) for less than 3 quids within 1 hours. I believe you see my point.

Unless your pay slip is online and/or printed in plain paper, You DO NOT need to stamp or sign your pay slip. It is mentioned in the guidelines. But of course if you could get it, it is better.

Pantaiema

lysergik wrote:I work for a small company that doesn't have a stamp, so I need to get one made up to stamp my wage slips with.

Forgive my ignorance, I dont think I've ever seen a company stamp before.

But does anybody know what features this stamp must have to be acceptable to the home office?

ie:

Company Logo?
Contact Details?
Date?

etc....
Last edited by pantaiema on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:12 am, edited 8 times in total.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:16 am

shockboy2000 wrote:since i already had to submit my application, they just used current stamp with company name, saying that the document was true copy of original, with room for one of the directors to sign it. It had no logo.
Shockboy,

What do you mean by "current stamp with company name"? As long as the stamp has the company name/address, it should be ok right?

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:57 am

current, as in the stamp they already had

they are getting another stamp made - as per the immigration lawyers advice after talking to Home Office regarding HSMP.

i will tell you what is on that stamp...on monday

i personally dont see that it matters what is on the stamp, so long as the payslips look like they have been authenticated by someone at the company...i.e. not simply printed out in black and white by the employee

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:15 pm

Thanks Shockboy, appreciate it.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:48 pm

I have all my payslip for last 12 month but it looks authentic and not printed. Though I lost 1 month payslip for which my company has issued me a printed payslip with stamp but no sign. I plan to get that signed as well.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:01 am

confirmed with company. They were told by immigration lawyer, who talks to HomeOffice on weekly basis, to have a stamp with company logo + address on it, to stamp pay slips.

Ang
Newly Registered

stamps

Post by Ang » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Hi lysergik,

If the company can not make a stamp, you shouldnt bother too much - just get someone from the HR/manager to sign your payslips and attach a letter saying the company does not have a stamp as it is a small business.

My company did the same for me (as advised by my lawyer who confirmed this with the homeoffice) and the payslips were accepted.

All the best

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:47 pm

shockboy2000 wrote:confirmed with company. They were told by immigration lawyer, who talks to HomeOffice on weekly basis, to have a stamp with company logo + address on it, to stamp pay slips.
By Stamp do we mean the rubber stamp of the logo.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:10 pm

yEs

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:12 pm

first2last4 wrote:
shockboy2000 wrote:confirmed with company. They were told by immigration lawyer, who talks to HomeOffice on weekly basis, to have a stamp with company logo + address on it, to stamp pay slips.
By Stamp do we mean the rubber stamp of the logo.
Sorry typo error...

By Stamp do we mean the rubber stamp or the logo print is enough.
Because my payslip does not have a rubber stamp but the proper Logo printed on it with special paper used.

Pooya
Newly Registered

hsmp application sent on 28th December 2006

Post by Pooya » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:23 am

Hi Guys

I recieved my application result today.

It is refused.

I am preparing a new fresh application as soon as possible.

Do you want to know the reasons?
* I didn't put P60 form for "Tax Return", so they didn't accept my income at all -- 0 points
* Although I had put mY original degree certificate, they didn't accept it as 5 points for studying in the UK, they said you needed to have additionally a letter from your university saying that you have studied there, this reason was rediculous.
* I had put notarized copy of my passport for my birth certificate, but they didn't accept the reason to consider the exceptional considerations.

Please help me, I am going to make another fresh application:
* I will get the P60 form from my employer, then my salary will be approved
* I will obtain the formally translated page of my original birth certificate (Iran)

My questions:
* Do they acccept the formaly translated page of my original birth certificate at all? Is it acceptable it will be translated in Iran, orit should be translated in UK in a company?!
* Payslips should be signed and stamped?
* I have 1500 pounds Bonus in one of the months, should it be stated in the company letter as well?

Many thanks for your answers

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:36 am

can you stop posting the exact same message in EVERY thread, especially those unrelated to your problems such as this one.

once you post in one thread, it is at the top of the list again, people will read it, if someone knows an answer they will respond.

Pooya
Newly Registered

oh

Post by Pooya » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:40 am

Sorry mate

I posted in different forums, not the same forum.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:47 am

its in same forum 5 times

forum = Immigrationboards.com Forum Index -> Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)

threads = individual topics

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:51 am

So I got the result of my appeal back today (I'll give them credit for at least processing that quite quickly).

They stated:

"We were unable to consider your wage slips as they were on plain A4 paper and as per HSMP guidance are required to be endorsed with your employers signature an official stamp bearing the company name"

"We note that you claimed exceptional circumstances due to your company not possessing a company stamp but this was not considered an acceptable reason. Therefore we are unable to consider the alternative evidence submitted in the form of a letter from your employer confirming your salary"

I guess that spells it out in black and white. If your company does not have a stamp, don't waste your time applying until you get them to have one made.

Shockboy: Any word on what an official stamp is supposed to look like? I've tried asking HSMP customer care, they are about as useless as one would expect.

:)

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:14 am

i already posted the answer above

at the time i submitted my application however, the only stamp they had bore the company name (no address/logo).
Home Office tell me i will have my decision/doco back sometime this week, so i will advise how i got on. Mine application is only for FLR extension though - i dont think they mention anything about stamping in the FLR guidance.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:23 am

if you hold the original pay slips (like they do in the UK), you dont need stamping or signatures etc.
I think this is applicable to online printouts only.

desertman

Post by desertman » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:41 am

I have the wage Slips printed on plain A4, plz tell me is there also need to write the name & designation of the signing authority alongwith company stamp nd sign?

and second the signing authority should be the accountant, manager or ny other ?

ny person know abt this, plz reply me.
thanks

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:19 am

shockboy2000 wrote:i already posted the answer above
Whoops. Missed that. Thanks :)

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:23 am

actually i lie (wouldnt be the first time)

they put 2 stamps on my black n white a4 payslips:

one with full company name + address

one saying that it is being signed for by the director of the company, and it has a space for the real signature to be put.

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:26 am

Hello friends,

i am in same situation as desertman. can anybody reply to the query raised by him.I see one rejection in Dec'05 rejections thread due to designation( and name ) of sigining authority not mentioned on stamped and signed wage slips.

regards
meer_iet
INDIA