ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

David Cameron in India

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lawabidingimmigrant

David Cameron in India

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Same-day visa for Indian businessmen, no cap on students: UK PM Cameron

Not sure what that means for students visas now. Dont see website updated with any specific details but as per news "On the issue of Indian students in Britain, he said there is "no limit" on the number of Indian students who can come and study in universities there and also no cap on the length of time they can stay and work in graduate-level jobs after they qualified. "

Does anyone have more details?

esic_sonia
BANNED

Re: David Cameron in India

Post by esic_sonia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:48 pm

lawabidingimmigrant wrote:Same-day visa for Indian businessmen, no cap on students: UK PM Cameron

Not sure what that means for students visas now. Dont see website updated with any specific details but as per news "On the issue of Indian students in Britain, he said there is "no limit" on the number of Indian students who can come and study in universities there and also no cap on the length of time they can stay and work in graduate-level jobs after they qualified. "

Does anyone have more details?
What is that category called? They can only switch to Tier 2.
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:50 pm

I don't this he is talking about any new category or rules for Indian students. He is referring to the current system whereby there isn't a cap on the number of Indian students who can apply for a tier 4 visa, and afterwards apply for tier 2 to work in a graduate level job.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:52 pm

It's the same for Pakistani students as well. No capping for both India and Pakistan.

He's just saying what the laws are already being implemented. Nothing new!
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 pm

No cap for any nationality. He just happens to be in India.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Greenie wrote:No cap for any nationality. He just happens to be in India.
So, basically, he's just reading the policy guidance.

I have heard the following stats for Tier 1 Applications from outside UK for December 2012 only

India (12 VFS Centres combined) = 202
Pakistani (1 VFS Centre) = 147

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm

esic_sonia wrote:

I have heard the following stats for Tier 1 Applications from outside UK for December 2012 only

I have just visited Pakistan. The reason for that much Tier-1 application is, there are few rich political tycoons associated with banks, are providing funds (GBP 200k) to anyone who can pay them PKR 500k for this service.

They got complete setup with banks. They open accounts with GBP 200k+ on applicant name and address and get post-dated signed cheque from the applicant. Banks at their part, put internal 'silent block' on account and applicant cannot move a single penny from account. When visa granted they keep funds until applicant arrived in UK. Once applicant arrived in UK they withdraw all money within a day.

I was just stunned on their trick and confidence.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Deviser wrote:
esic_sonia wrote:

I have just visited Pakistan. The reason for that much Tier-1 application is, there are few rich political tycoons associated with banks, are providing funds (GBP 200k) to anyone who can pay them PKR 500k for this service.

They got complete setup with banks. They open accounts with GBP 200k+ on applicant name and address and get post-dated signed cheque from the applicant. Banks at their part, put internal 'silent block' on account and applicant cannot move a single penny from account. When visa granted they keep funds until applicant arrived in UK. Once applicant arrived in UK they withdraw all money within a day.

I was just stunned on their trick and confidence.
The problem with this setup is that, even if applicant gets Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, he will get his visa revoked as funds would not get transferred to UK. (he will also have problem extending his visa.)

In my view, Venture Capital is the safest option. Only £50,000 is required, can form team, any level of business allowed...... and I have personally done a lot of VC cases.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 am

The problem with this setup is that, even if applicant gets Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, he will get his visa revoked as funds would not get transferred to UK. (he will also have problem extending his visa.)
Actually they just want entry to UK. Nobody is insterested to do business or visa extensions. Even applicant does not know anything about this visa. They know only one thing, just get in UK and marry some one local either British or EUpian.

BTW..sonia..I heard alot about VC that its has easy process and safe but I dont know much about it. Would you mind to provide me some details?

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:21 am

Deviser wrote:
Actually they just want entry to UK. Nobody is insterested to do business or visa extensions. Even applicant does not know anything about this visa. They know only one thing, just get in UK and marry some one local either British or EUpian.

BTW..sonia..I heard alot about VC that its has easy process and safe but I dont know much about it. Would you mind to provide me some details?
Sure.

Venture Capital firms are registered (as Venture Capital firms governed under FSA). The reason its safe is because all documents are provided by VC firm (in terms of funding of £50,000). The firm is UK based, therefore source of funding is already in the UK. It's easy for UKBA when source of funding is in the UK.

The most common misconception about Venture Capital Firm is that it's just like any other company. The fact is that VC firms have to get registered as VC firm under the rules implemented by FSA.