ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with spousal visa in Los Angeles

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NHow
Newly Registered

Need help with spousal visa in Los Angeles

Post by NHow » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:58 am

My partner and I are planning to marry next month (5 Feb)while visiting the US. We will be in Los Angeles for two weeks after the wedding and I need to apply for my spousal visa at that time. I have filled out the settlement application but do not know how to schedule an appointment for the time we're in LA. On the LA Consulate's website it says you need to apply online (along with paying the fee), then schedule an appointment. There is no place on the form to select a particular date for the interview. We do not want to send all our original documents and passports via post (especially as we have a very short time to get it all done).

Does anyone know how to schedule an interview appointment for a particular date?

Thanks!

Nancy

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:59 pm

Although the BritainUSA website makes it difficult to contact visa offices in the USA without taking out a second mortgage, the Foreign Office website has both a fax number and an email address for the LA consulate, so it might be worth giving one of those a try - if others don't come up with a better idea....

Let us know how it goes!
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

NHow
Newly Registered

Post by NHow » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks. I actually have sent them e-mail twice asking how to get an appointment during the time we're there (2nd week in Feb). So far they have not replied. Do you know of anyone who has used their system since they changed the appointment booking system online?

Nancy