ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application and Passport expiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kenbarl
Newly Registered

ILR application and Passport expiry

Post by Kenbarl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Good afternoon,
My wife's ILR application was submitted in Dec 2012. At the time, we did not realise the time the process would take. Her Passport expires middle of April.is this a massive problem? Do i need to get the passport back, renew it and resubmit it?

Thanks in advance

Rob

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: ILR application and Passport expiry

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Kenbarl wrote:Good afternoon,
My wife's ILR application was submitted in Dec 2012. At the time, we did not realise the time the process would take. Her Passport expires middle of April.is this a massive problem? Do i need to get the passport back, renew it and resubmit it?

Thanks in advance

Rob
It is definitely a big problem mate. I am no expert but i dont think there is any simple solution. If you ask for your passport back then your application will be considered withdrawn where as if the passport expires then they probably wont allow a visa on that (at least this is what they did before BRP). UKBA used to mention for guides etc that the passport must be valid for at least 6 months but i have not read this anywhere for ILR or may be they have removed this clause altogether since the visa these days is on BRP card.
I think the best option is to call UKBA and ask them what to do. good luck mate.