ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting return of passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phaco
Newly Registered

Requesting return of passport

Post by phaco » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:17 am

I am currently waiting for EEA2 permit but due to unforseen circumstances, I have to travel to Germany for work reasons. I have read on this site and on the IND webpage, that EU applications will not be affected by the return of passports. How does this work, and does anyone have any experience with this?

thanks

JAJ
Australia

Re: Requesting return of passport

Post by JAJ » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:15 pm

phaco wrote:I am currently waiting for EEA2 permit but due to unforseen circumstances, I have to travel to Germany for work reasons. I have read on this site and on the IND webpage, that EU applications will not be affected by the return of passports. How does this work, and does anyone have any experience with this?
What is your existing visa status in the UK? Are you sure you will be allowed to re-enter if you leave?

And do you need a visa for Germany?

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi Phaco,

How long have you been waiting for your visa?

phaco
Newly Registered

Post by phaco » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi

I am currently on a student visa. It expires in 2009. I have waited for only 1 month.

inUK
Newly Registered

Post by inUK » Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi Phaco,

Have you asked for a return of your passport? what process did you follow? I am about to send my EEA2 application form and I know I'll have to fly out of the UK in two months. Do you think it will be a problem to ask for a return of my passport? will it affect my application? Is it really true that asking for your passport does not imply an application withdrawn?

Thanks!