ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for wife - Surname added in her British passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mandhan

OCI for wife - Surname added in her British passport

Post by mandhan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi all,

I had a couple of queries about the OCI application of my family that I would be glad to have answered. I tried to call the the hci london phone number for more than 1 hour today but finally had to give up as no one answered the call :-(

I have to apply for the OCI for myself, my wife and my toddler son. I have the surrender certificates for our Indian passports. Here are the points that I needed some clarifications on:

1) My wife did not have a surname in her Indian passport. When she applied for her British passport, we got a deed poll done to add my surname to her name. Hence in her British passport, she has a name and a surname whereas in her now surrendered Indian passport (and the surrender certificate), she only has her first name.

Now, when we apply for the OCI, will this create any confusion? I will attach the deed poll with the documentation, however is there any other documents that I need to furnish for her application? Is this a problem?

2) If we apply as a family, I think we have to send the original marriage certificate. This is fine as it is, however the certificate is laminated and the guidelines on HCI London website say that they would not accept laminated documents. Is there a way around it? Can we give an attested/notarized copy of the marriage certificate? Otherwise, is making separate applications an option?

I would much appreciate responses to my queries above from the learned forum members.
Many thanks in advance!!

Regards,
mandhan