ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent without passport (Child born in the UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tungha2106
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent without passport (Child born in the UK)

Post by tungha2106 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi,

I have an appointment for my Tier 1 General Extension on 25th March at Sheffield. we have been blessed with a newborn baby last month and we have applied for her passport just now. Not sure if we can get the passport in next 4-5 weeks. I had discussed this with an Immigration solicitor here in the UK and he said that passport is NOT mandatory for a new born child, as they dont stamp the visa on the passport, as they are issuing the BRP card now. My question is: Is it really possible to apply for my new born baby's dependant visa without her passport? If yes, what documents we need for that? We have the original birth certificate.

Seniors pls advise.

Tungha

rg_del

Post by rg_del » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 pm

I was in the same situation last week and I called UKBA to check this and they said that you can not apply without passport and need to cancel / reschedule the appointment.

Sam Kaz
Newly Registered

Post by Sam Kaz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 am

You can apply for your child later once you get your own visa extended. Child born in UK don't need visa until they travel abroad.