ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax return - Doesn't cover period claimed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gerardhynes
Newly Registered

Tax return - Doesn't cover period claimed

Post by gerardhynes » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi all

My P60 doesn't cover the period claimed (01/11/2005 - 31/10/2006), do I still tick yes to "Q33 Income Tax return covering period claimed for:" of the HSMP application form? I plan do to include my P60 on the advice of forum posts, but the reason I ask whether to tick Q33 is because technically speaking I don't have a tax return "covering the period claimed for".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers Gerard

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:31 am

No, don't tick 33. You need to tick 34 and then fill in the exceptional circumstances section.
________
Chevrolet Corvette C4
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hopefulApplicant
Newly Registered

What for self employed/independent contractors?

Post by hopefulApplicant » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:45 pm

What should be done in this case for self employed/independent contractors?

All I have is a self assessment return (which isn't acceptable) but doesn't cover the period I am claiming for either? I am following someone else's advice and posting my original company bank statements along with my original personal bank statements for the full 12 month period.

I am also going to submit my SA tax return along with any other tax related documents that were sent to me from HMRC.

The advice I have been given by the work permits helpline as well as others on this forum is to submit as much relevant documentation as you possibly can.

gerardhynes
Newly Registered

Post by gerardhynes » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Many thanks WoodieG!

Curious as to why do you say don't tick Q33? Is this what you did on your application?

Re-reading guidance notes (and forum opinion) you definitely need to provide both P60 and wage slips and therefore shouldn't I indicate this on the application?

I think I am going to tick Q33 because I am providing a P60 as evidence (even though it doesn't cover full 12 month period I am claiming) and write a note about providing "corroborating evidence for periods not covered" (as stated in guidance notes).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Gerard

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:49 pm

I agree, you need to tick it, if you are providing P60. It does'nt matter whether or not it falls in the claimed period. As long as you submit one, you must tick it.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:37 pm

The guidance note clearly mention that shall submit P60 althouhg not covered to full period claimed. There is already example a guy was rejected because they do not submit P60. I belive this is also common sense, the case worker know that you only get P60 once in a year around early April each year. You will never get P60 which cover the whole period of income you claim.

For the period not covered you need to provide other means, pay slips, bank statements, etc

Pantaiema

gerardhynes wrote:Many thanks WoodieG!

Curious as to why do you say don't tick Q33? Is this what you did on your application?

Re-reading guidance notes (and forum opinion) you definitely need to provide both P60 and wage slips and therefore shouldn't I indicate this on the application?

I think I am going to tick Q33 because I am providing a P60 as evidence (even though it doesn't cover full 12 month period I am claiming) and write a note about providing "corroborating evidence for periods not covered" (as stated in guidance notes).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Gerard

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:23 pm

I know how important the P60 is.

I just took it that if you tick 33 and 34 you are stating that you are providing all the standard evidence and will NOT need exceptional consideration.
________
Zr1100a
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pooya
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Pooya » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:47 am

Hi

My application refused because I didn't put the P60 form there, I had placed A letter from Company + bank Statements + Payslips, but they refused it.

Just to clear that P60 is essential

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:27 pm

Guys not yet concluded should we tick Q33 if p60 does not cover the full period?
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

nouna

Post by nouna » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:49 pm

first2last4 wrote:Guys not yet concluded should we tick Q33 if p60 does not cover the full period?
My consultant ticked it though the tax returns we provided do not cover the period claimed for. I'm not sure if this is right or wrong though as the decision is not made yet on the application!

makon

Post by makon » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:49 pm

Ticking box Q.33 against tax clearance seems to indicate that you have provided all the standard evidence, hence they will use it to judge your earnings claims. see my detailed response to a similar question someone on this forum.
My advise: Do not tick it

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:11 am

In mine case I has ticked box 33 and in the exceptional circumstances space I had indicated that Iam unable to submit the whole year tax document as it would finish in April 07..... I get approved. If you are submitting even partial year's tax return then you should tick that box...thats what my understanding is.....
nouna wrote:
first2last4 wrote:Guys not yet concluded should we tick Q33 if p60 does not cover the full period?
My consultant ticked it though the tax returns we provided do not cover the period claimed for. I'm not sure if this is right or wrong though as the decision is not made yet on the application!
Thinking low is crime....

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:31 pm

I think this is probably the best solution (Tick both Boxes) because as far as I know there is not any rule mentioned on the guidelines to prevent people of doing this.

In fact they will know straight away the reason why you are ticking both boxes after seeing your attached documents. But any caseworker may have any other interpretation.

But do not use an excuse that you do not supply P60 because it does not cover the whole claimed period, you will be rejected as many evidence have shown this sofar. They will assume, U deliberately avoid to submit this piece of evidence. Use other strong reasons if you could not supply this peace of evidence.

Pantaiema

T_mahmood wrote:In mine case I has ticked box 33 and in the exceptional circumstances space I had indicated that Iam unable to submit the whole year tax document as it would finish in April 07..... I get approved. If you are submitting even partial year's tax return then you should tick that box...thats what my understanding is.....
nouna wrote:
Last edited by pantaiema on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zyx2007
Newly Registered

Thanks.

Post by zyx2007 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:55 pm

I am also on the same boat. I am also enclosing the partial P60. Can some one describe clearly what should we post in the exceptional reason space.

Is it better leave it empty or give some reason like already said.

"I am unable to submit the tax return documents for the current tax year (2006/2007) because it would finish only in Apr 07"

Cheers,
Zyx.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks.

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:07 pm

what I wrote

' Tax return for 2006-07 are not avilable as current financial year has not finished yet. To support my income, I have enclosed employeer's letter with full details of income and 12 months bankstatments'.

I wrote this in the space provided to explain exceptional circumstances.
If you are applying from UK, I would suggust you to wait for few more weeks and get current year's P60 and then apply, leaving no space to reject your case.
Hope this helps.
Tahir
zyx2007 wrote:I am also on the same boat. I am also enclosing the partial P60. Can some one describe clearly what should we post in the exceptional reason space.

Is it better leave it empty or give some reason like already said.

"I am unable to submit the tax return documents for the current tax year (2006/2007) because it would finish only in Apr 07"

Cheers,
Zyx.
Thinking low is crime....

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:01 pm

T_mahmood wrote: 'If you are applying from UK, I would suggust you to wait for few more weeks and get current year's P60 and then apply, leaving no space to reject your case.
Waiting for another one more week will charge you an extra of 85 pounds. :roll:
All applications reaching after March 30th 4.30pm has to be paid with 400pounds.
So I am sending my documents before that. :wink:

T_mahmood has clearly said that...
1) He attached tax papers for partial period.
2) He ticked the Q33.
3) His HSMP was approved.
Kudos to T_mahmood.

I understand that more than 80% of the applicants can provide only partial tax papers.
Is there anyone else like T_mahmood who has ticked the Q33, gave partial TAX paper and got approval?

adindas

Post by adindas » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:01 pm

Better to lose £85 rather than £355 and than again time to repply again. If you get rejected in the first instance, they will be more careful if the decision is ocntradictory to the previous decision.

Better to play safe, What do you think ???.

Adindas
Reshma wrote:
T_mahmood wrote: 'If you are applying from UK, I would suggust you to wait for few more weeks and get current year's P60 and then apply, leaving no space to reject your case.
Waiting for another one more week will charge you an extra of 85 pounds. :roll:
All applications reaching after March 30th 4.30pm has to be paid with 400pounds.
So I am sending my documents before that. :wink:

T_mahmood has clearly said that...
1) He attached tax papers for partial period.
2) He ticked the Q33.
3) His HSMP was approved.
Kudos to T_mahmood.

I understand that more than 80% of the applicants can provide only partial tax papers.
Is there anyone else like T_mahmood who has ticked the Q33, gave partial TAX paper and got approval?
Last edited by adindas on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nouna

Post by nouna » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:55 pm

Reshma wrote: Is there anyone else like T_mahmood who has ticked the Q33, gave partial TAX paper and got approval?
Yes I have ticked the Q33, gave tax paper for the previous year which entirely falls out of the period claimed (tax papers didn't cover any part of the period claimed) and got approval.

krishnakishore

Post by krishnakishore » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 pm

I have attached partial FORM16 and ticked. In the box below I explained the reason for submitting the extra proof. "Financial year in India is from April-March. So the ITR provided doesn't cover the period claimed. Hence attaching additional proof"