ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scanned Copy / Original Copy for Submission for visa Proc

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thedreamer
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Scanned Copy / Original Copy for Submission for visa Proc

Post by thedreamer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Hello all,

I was planning to call my parents to UK in few months time. They will be applying for General Visitor Visa/ Tourist Visa. I will be sponsoring their trip in UK.

I have queries regarding the submission of documents specially the ones which are supposed to be given by the Sponsor( from my side ).

Do we need to submit the original copy of invitation letter, bank statement, council etc or their scan copy should be good for this visa processing. Or do I need to send this document through Mail/Courier to them.

awaiting response and your experiences on this.

Thank you

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Did you sort it out? I too am inclined to send the scanned copy of documents including bank statement and sponsorship letter.

I too am looking to just send scanned copy and lots of previous posts confirm that scanned copies are OK if all documents are in order.

Some members here suggested 'original only'. However, I do see 'doubts' in those cases due to not a clear job-status or not sufficient ties to home country. But, posters putting the onus on photocopies alone.
Not applicant's fault totally, case worker rejected stating the same.

However, IF you/others can kindly confirm from about your success.
It will reassure many a future application that 'original' is NOT a rule for sponsor-side of document. It is good to have choice.

P.S. - *Original are must for actual visitor*. Talking only about sponsor docs.

Many Thanks.

REQUEST1

original statements

Post by REQUEST1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Vfs advised that scanned or fax copies are accepted in india.I travelled to india based on their advice. After submitting, ukba requested original financial docs. again travelled to U.k and forwarded through courrier.
Best advice is please submit originals followed by recorded post or courrier.
Thanks.