ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

earnings outside UK for tier 1 ext

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

splashing

earnings outside UK for tier 1 ext

Post by splashing » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi alll,

Please is it possible to use income from outside UK as part of my earnings for tier 1 gen extension?

If so, please what docs do i need to show as evidence.

Also, can an accountant in the uk provide me with letter, accounts for earnings earned in UK AND outside UK or i have to get letter from two different accountants?

Many thanks for your help

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:06 pm

I was about to post this question when I saw yours, thank you for asking.
Elders of the forum pls enlighten us. Can only one accountant in the UK be used? And again, must we show evidence that we were in 'good standing' to work in that country when such income was made? Must we have paid tax (assuming the country has tax system)?

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 pm

I want to include a question

Is it necessary to be part of day to day running of this foreign business OR one can stay in the UK and can manage his business back home while remaining in the UK
lets get together for migrants' rights

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:03 am

Quoting from the Immigration Rules:

"(ii) If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of one of the following recognised supervisory bodies:

(1) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW),
(2) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS),
(3) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI),
(4) The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA),
(5) The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA),
(6) The Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA), or
(7) The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).

(iii) If the earnings were made while the applicant was not in the UK, the evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm which meets the requirements in (ii) or appears on the list of full members given on the website of the International Federation of Accountants.
"

However, there is no mention that the accountant must be from the country where the earnings were made.
Again, it is possible to earn income overseas while one is in the UK physically. Instructions can be given electronically, on phone. Some services can be done from uk and delivered electronically to clients overseas- webdesign is an example; and fees/charges for such services paid to our local accounts overseas where the clients reside.
How do we prepare these accountings to meet ukba expectations?

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 am

hi all, opinions still needed on this topic