ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any body in this forum applying from PAKISTAN

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

basitali

Any body in this forum applying from PAKISTAN

Post by basitali » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:06 pm

Any body in this forum applying from PAKISTAN. I need some information regards with Income tax return form.

Regards,

Basit[/b]

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:24 am

Yup, what is it you want to know brother?
Regards,

Z Z.

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanna know about the Pakistani university English language certificate. Is this acceptable by the HSMP team? I did my BSc mechanical Engg from UET, Peshawar. Any information pls let me know...

Thanks
Basharat
Zee_Zee wrote:Yup, what is it you want to know brother?

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:45 am

Since my approval was based on the old rules and now the old rules have been revised so you better confirm this from others as well. But in my case, there were two letters; One from the university from where I graduated stating that the medium of instruction was English and the other one from the university where I taught for some time and they provided the letter that my lectures were in English and students never reported any problem in understanding.

I have heard that IELTs is now being recommended to be on the safe side. And I would say 'Better be safe then sorry'.

Goodluck!
Regards,

Z Z.

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:09 am

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Basharat
Zee_Zee wrote:Since my approval was based on the old rules and now the old rules have been revised so you better confirm this from others as well. But in my case, there were two letters; One from the university from where I graduated stating that the medium of instruction was English and the other one from the university where I taught for some time and they provided the letter that my lectures were in English and students never reported any problem in understanding.

I have heard that IELTs is now being recommended to be on the safe side. And I would say 'Better be safe then sorry'.

Goodluck!

basitali

Post by basitali » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi Bisharat,

I am from Pakistan i applied for HSMP but i did IELTS any how for your query if your bachelor is 4 years then it is eqv to the UK ordinary Bachelor so if you manage to get a letter from your Uni stating that the courses were taught in english then it is acceptable.

Thanks,

Basit Ali.

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:54 pm

My application is ready with all supporting documents including English letter from the university. I am bit worried because a friend of mine got refusal in spite of the fact he had 95 points and was working in the UK. The reason HO told him is that according to NARIC the level of his university English language certificate is less than IELTS band 6. Does anyone know about a case under new rules where someone from any Pakistani Engineering University (especially UET Peshawar) got approval based on the university English letter?

Thanks
Basharat
basitali wrote:Hi Bisharat,

I am from Pakistan i applied for HSMP but i did IELTS any how for your query if your bachelor is 4 years then it is eqv to the UK ordinary Bachelor so if you manage to get a letter from your Uni stating that the courses were taught in english then it is acceptable.

Thanks,

Basit Ali.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:06 pm

What a rubbish reason to reject. How the hell would we know english lang for which Universities are considered as lower than Band 6.
engrmbk wrote:My application is ready with all supporting documents including English letter from the university. I am bit worried because a friend of mine got refusal in spite of the fact he had 95 points and was working in the UK. The reason HO told him is that according to NARIC the level of his university English language certificate is less than IELTS band 6. Does anyone know about a case under new rules where someone from any Pakistani Engineering University (especially UET Peshawar) got approval based on the university English letter?

Thanks
Basharat
basitali wrote:Hi Bisharat,

Thanks,

Basit Ali.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

usman.saleem

Post by usman.saleem » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:27 pm

According to HSMP guidance notes, only UK Bachelor (Honors) degree taught in English language is considered to be equal to Band 6. As mentioned in some other post, UK Bachelor (Ordinary) degree meets the educational requirement, but it does not meet English language requirement (generally) by NARIC.

So, the better option is to spend 8K Pak Rs. and obtain IELTS 6 band or above.

basitali

Post by basitali » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi Basharat and Usman,

As per the guidance says that they will only accept the proof of english alternative to IELTS if your Bachelor is equvalent to the UK Bachelor i think your Bachelor is if it is 4 year one but if it is three years i will recommend you to evaluate your degree on NARIC it only cost you £35 if NARIC consider that your Bachelor is equvalent to the UK Bachelor then get a letter from Uni and this will be acceptable. Please see the Guidance notes.

With Regards,

Basit Farooq

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:45 pm

Thanks guys.

Basharat
usman.saleem wrote:According to HSMP guidance notes, only UK Bachelor (Honors) degree taught in English language is considered to be equal to Band 6. As mentioned in some other post, UK Bachelor (Ordinary) degree meets the educational requirement, but it does not meet English language requirement (generally) by NARIC.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:58 pm

Not necessarily true. This topic has been discussed quite extensively.
usman.saleem wrote:According to HSMP guidance notes, only UK Bachelor (Honors) degree taught in English language is considered to be equal to Band 6. As mentioned in some other post, UK Bachelor (Ordinary) degree meets the educational requirement, but it does not meet English language requirement (generally) by NARIC.

Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith