ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ishy1985
Newly Registered

Self employed

Post by Ishy1985 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello there,

I am self employed taxi driver, could smebody please help me with what
Documents i need to call my wife over from pakistan, how many months bank statements do i need??

ID29

Post by ID29 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 pm

You first need to ask yourself some questions about your business...

Assuming you are a sole trader?

Did you earn enough during the full last financial year (April to March) to meet the visa financial requirements? If not, would you meet the requirements if you combine the past two full financial years and then average the income?

You will need to submit bank statements for these periods, personal and business (if you have a business account). Proof of ongoing self-employment at the time of application, your accounts (certified by an accountant), Unique Tax Reference Number, proof of Class 2 NI contributions and a copy of your last self-assessment tax return.

You can also include other sources of income, for example from employment but the self employed cannot use savings to meet the visa financial requirements. If you are a director of a company the rules will require you to submit further documents too.

MR_G
BANNED

Post by MR_G » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 pm

ishy i think i read 3 to 6 months. to be safe i submitted a years worth.

G

estirichy

Post by estirichy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm

[quote="ID29"]You first need to ask yourself some questions about your business...

Assuming you are a sole trader?

Did you earn enough during the full last financial year (April to March) to meet the visa financial requirements? If not, would you meet the requirements if you combine the past two full financial years and then average the income?

You will need to submit bank statements for these periods, personal and business (if you have a business account). Proof of ongoing self-employment at the time of application, your accounts (certified by an accountant), Unique Tax Reference Number, proof of Class 2 NI contributions and a copy of your last self-assessment tax return.

You can also include other sources of income, for example from employment but the self employed cannot use savings to meet the visa financial requirements. If you are a director of a company the rules will require you to submit further documents too.[/quote]

Please ID29
Which extra documents are required for a director of limited company, i am one and about to apply for a fiance visa for my girl, i will be including business accounts plus banks statements, my personal statements as well
Thanks

ID29

Post by ID29 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 pm

estirichy wrote: Please ID29
Which extra documents are required for a director of limited company, i am one and about to apply for a fiance visa for my girl, i will be including business accounts plus banks statements, my personal statements as well
Thanks
The link below opens a PDF document which details the financial requirements.

section-FM-1.7.pdf

As always, please go to the relevant visa section on the UKBA website and follow the links/advice there before submitting your application.

estirichy

Post by estirichy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 am

many thanks for the direction ID29, God bless....