ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiry - Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jobi110

Passport expiry - Please Help

Post by jobi110 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:03 am

Hello guys,

I have a PEO appointment on 6th of march, I just realized that my wifes Passport is expiring on 28th July 2013, which is like 4 and half month from PEO appointment.

would that be okay OR we need to have atleast 6 months for passport expiry?

I checked forum history and guidence notes but could not find an answer.

please HELP.

chary
Newly Registered

Post by chary » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 am

I do not see an issue with this, as the visa is given via brp and not in passports. Bbut to be on the saferside, i would suggest to renew the passport.

Renewing the passport is just a one day job at your country's counsulate.

They will give your old passport back to you on the same day, and you can submit both(new and old) the passports at peo.

jobi110

Post by jobi110 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Urgent Pakistani passports takes 4 weeks, I am unable to find any info on 6 month validaty clause thou.

khanpsm
Newly Registered

Re: Passport expiry - Please Help

Post by khanpsm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:01 pm

jobi110 wrote:Hello guys,

I have a PEO appointment on 6th of march, I just realized that my wifes Passport is expiring on 28th July 2013, which is like 4 and half month from PEO appointment.

would that be okay OR we need to have atleast 6 months for passport expiry?

I checked forum history and guidence notes but could not find an answer.

please HELP.

Hi Jobi
you did not mention which tier you are applying for. Any way that not a problem. I sent my application for Tier 1 general extension in mid december and my passport is due to expire in March. My application is approved though friends were telling me that i should have six months in passport expiry. I even applied for new passport which was late and embassy gave me letter which I did not send to them either.

so don,t worry and go for it.
good luck