ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is EMPLOYER LETTER mandatory ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peace26
Newly Registered

Is EMPLOYER LETTER mandatory ?

Post by peace26 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:53 pm

hi everyone,

i am applying for tier 1 general extension in feb end as a salaried employee.
the two proofs for income i am showing is original bank statements and payslips. is it really beneficial to carry a employer letter as a safety ?

because i have been told by an immi advisor that employer letter can be asked ? how true is it and if so should it also include salary details per month?

really confused :roll:

thanks everyone for your time ....

honey_parmar
Newly Registered

Post by honey_parmar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi,

It is not required of u are showing salary slip and bank statement.

You still can go thru Tier 1 guidance for confirmation and your peace of mind.

TA

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:14 pm

did you ask your "immi advisor" what should be the contents of employer letter apart from salary details?

if employer letter has salary details then why to carry/send payslips?
Manka

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi,

It is not a manadatory requirement as you are already carrying the payslips.

Some people choose to show payslips, bank statements and add non manadatory documents such as a letter from your employer showing a salary breakdown which is basically the same thing as a payslip as it shows the same information.

If all the amounts paid to you on your payslips match your bank statements perfectly, then the employer letter is not needed.
Regards

peace26
Newly Registered

Post by peace26 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi honey_parmar,

thank you for your prompt response, i have read the policy guidance atleast 5 times and i cannot see anywhere that it is mandatory

however i was told my an immigration advisor that because my application is solely salary based, it might be better to carry this.

i do not want my emploer asking me 5 questions why i need it and inorder to save from that complexity i thought let me ask the board.

thanks again

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm

If you are submitting pay slips and bank statements as evidence for previous earnings, then no employer letter is required for that purpose. Providing unnecessary evidence may potentially complicate a straightforward application, IMHO. Provide only what is required by following the application guidelines.

peace26
Newly Registered

Post by peace26 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:25 pm

@cs95tdg @thebionicredneck2003

thank you all for your time, i too feel the same i do not want to make a straight forward case complex by submitting docs that may not be required.

also wheni ask my employer for a letter he will ask what if you donot get visa and what not ? by not asking this letter i feel it will simplify but immi advi says carrying a emp letter is helpful IF ASKED.

thanks again to everyone for being so helpful

may god bless you all