ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence concession

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulzar70
Newly Registered

Post by gulzar70 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:06 am

Hello,

Is there anyone who has applied for ILR under the 14 year concession rule? i am considering putting in my application in this year but i'm unable to provide adequate docs for the first 4 years of my stay....i just wondered if anyone has had any success with their application and can give me some advice.

thanks

Jeff Albright

Re: ILR long residence concession

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:07 am

gulzar70 wrote:but i'm unable to provide adequate docs for the first 4 years of my stay....
How did you arrive? Clandestinely?
If yes and if you did not come to the attention of the Home Office during your first 4 years, you have to have some sort of utility bills or other correspondence on your name, or you won't be able to prove it.
If you did not arrive clandestinely, then there is always a record on your port file when you arrived (your landing card, for example).

gulzar70
Newly Registered

Post by gulzar70 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:53 pm

Thanks for your response Jeff..

The answer to your question is yes consequently I have no port files nor entry records....I have just a few documents (BT phone bills) to cover this 4 year period and I’m concerned it may not sufficient

Just to give some background on my circumstance maybe you can comment please –

1. Illegal entrant in 1993
2. Thin on evidence for first 3-4 years
3. 2 kids (13mths old twins), also my brothers and sister are resident here (legally)…don’t know if this counts as family ties!!
4. Not married to partner and she is under immigration control ( student visa till 2008) so i'm financially responsible for partner as well..
5. Skilled professional
6. Been with the same employer (FTSE 100 company) for last 7 years (payslips, P60, pension contributions, e.t.c documents available)
7. Have never submitted any kind of application to the home office before
8. Have Professional UK qualifications in my line of work
9. 8 years full UK drivers license (traffic conviction in 2001 - 3 pts and £60 fine)
10. No criminal conviction
11. Home owner for 4 years
12. Have had no recourse to public funds throughout my stay…
13. Lots of documented evidence for last 8-9 years (bank statements, council tax, bills, education, mortgage, tenancy agreements e.t.c)
14. Age – 34

Do you know if the lack of documented evidence for the early part of my stay will jeopardize my application? Is it advised to use a law firm to make representation on my behalf to the HO – Anything else that I ought to take into consideration?
Your thoughts please....
Private comments welcome...

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:18 pm

I would recommend you to apply with the assistance of lawyers / immigration consultants like workpermit.com

Naturally they are much more experienced than you and should be able to present your case in the most professional manner to help you overcome the gaps in your residence.

You have too much to lose so I would not recommend a DIY route.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

gulzar70
Newly Registered

re: ILR long residence concession

Post by gulzar70 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:07 am

Thanks, i will do that.....much appreciated

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:55 pm

Could you elaborate "thin on evidence"?

Sometimes it's possible to get copy paperwork from elsewhere if you don't have it yourself. Barclays, for example, can give you statements going back 12 years (not longer). That helps a bit.

I've also sent you a PM.