ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inclusion of spouse in Tier1 general extention application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

touchwood
Newly Registered

Inclusion of spouse in Tier1 general extention application

Post by touchwood » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:12 pm

One of my friends is on PSW which will expire in January 2014 while his wife is on Tier 1 General. Her Visa extion is due in April this year, now she wants to include her husband in her application. My question no. 1 is if she includes him, will my friend have to go back to his country to get Tier1 General spouse Visa or he can get that by being in the UK.
Question 2. Can main applicant keep her maintenance fund in the bank in the country she belongs to and provide the bank statements. Please suggest. Many thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

She can't include her husband in her application. He will have to make an application as the partner of a PBS migrant from his home country.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Inclusion of spouse in Tier1 general extention applicati

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

touchwood wrote:One of my friends is on PSW which will expire in January 2014 while his wife is on Tier 1 General. Her Visa extion is due in April this year, now she wants to include her husband in her application. My question no. 1 is if she includes him, will my friend have to go back to his country to get Tier1 General spouse Visa or he can get that by being in the UK.
Question 2. Can main applicant keep her maintenance fund in the bank in the country she belongs to and provide the bank statements. Please suggest. Many thanks
1. Spouse would need to go to home country to get the dependent visa.

2. Yes, maintenance funds can be maintained in any country.