ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice needed please...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alish60

Urgent advice needed please...

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 am

I applied for naturalization on 11th Feb 13, got acknowledgement letter on 15th Feb, everything seems fine so far, now I have to travel abroad, my question is, is it possible for them to ask for more documents at this stage or they would have done it already if it was going to happen?? I can't leave becaus of this reason!!! I was told it can be anytime! Is that right? Don't they send that request letter atached to acknowledgement if they need more docs? Any advise is most appreciated.

macgyver

Post by macgyver » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 am

It will be difficult to answer without knowing your circumstances.
Depending on your circumstances, they might not require any other documents but I would think that they just check what you have sent them at the time they send the acknowledgment.
The person who looks into your application later will decide whether he/she needs any more documents.
If you application is straight forward, the chances are are you may not be asked about any more documents as I have not heard about many people being asked if any.
Worse to worse it might delay your application again depending on how long you are away for.

HTH