ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP demanded Tax Return

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

HSMP demanded Tax Return

Post by FLR » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:19 pm

Hi,

HSMP has asked me to send them most recent tax return to corroborate my earning's claim. Currently our governement has not yet permitted to submit tax returns, it will be started in Septmeber although it is due from july 1st.

Now I am going to send them the following:
1. Last year tax return
2. Tax return Letters issued from my employers for the current year

Will these two evidences suffice or they need the current year's tax return.
Please share your experience and knowledge in this regard.

Thanks.

p.s. They have asked me to send them till 25 august 2004.

Maira

Post by Maira » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Hello ,

Plz tell us when did u applied and ur case no.

Thanks,
Maira

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:14 pm

I was in the same situation so I ended up sending my last years tax return as well as an estimate from my employer of how much tax had already been taken out in the current year.

I also sent my bank account balance from the previous year showing regular deposits of my income. I also sent copies of my pay cheques.

The HO were happy as the eventually approved my application.

Good luck

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:16 pm

hafeez, Vayu,
can you please let us know what initial evidence have you sent?
it will be useful to know for someone with similar case as to expect additional info request.
Thanks!
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:25 pm

bugmaster wrote:hafeez, Vayu,
can you please let us know what initial evidence have you sent?
it will be useful to know for someone with similar case as to expect additional info request.
Thanks!
Do a search on a post by me on or about the 26th of March titled " I got my HSMP" . I outlined EVERYTHING that I did quite clearly.

Good luck.

FLR

Post by FLR » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:46 pm

Thanks Varu, I am pleased to know about you.
The Tax returns are due from start of this month but the government has not yet published the forms for our access and it wil be available in September while I have only end of august.

I have heard that if I send them my my previous tax return and it does not sum to 5k pounds then they are going to reject it straight away. Is it true ?

I initially provided them the following:
1. Pay slips
2. Bank Statement
3. Letters from Accountants

Thanks.

Maira

Post by Maira » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:11 pm

Hafeez.................yOU Hv not answered our query..?
When did u apply and whats ur case No.

Maira

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:19 am

hafeez wrote:Thanks Varu, I am pleased to know about you.
The Tax returns are due from start of this month but the government has not yet published the forms for our access and it wil be available in September while I have only end of august.

I have heard that if I send them my my previous tax return and it does not sum to 5k pounds then they are going to reject it straight away. Is it true ?

I initially provided them the following:
1. Pay slips
2. Bank Statement
3. Letters from Accountants

Thanks.
Dunno about that 5K thing, as ever country has a different tax rate, so it doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I suggest you go back and read the HSMP guidance carefully, the HO do want to see that you have paid tax. It is there in black and white that you have to show that you have paid tax on the income earnt, so an official document from the tax authorities from the previous year will definetly be needed.

I am sure that they are quite familiar with tax years not co-inciding with application times, so for the current tax year, provide everything you can give, such as the things out outlined, PLUS letter from you employer and accountant estimating your tax liabilities for this year as well as estimates of any provisional income tax you have already paid.

Good luck,

Maria,

I suggest you learn a bit of Netiquete and stop being so demanding with your questions, maybe people then will be willing to help you.

Maira

Post by Maira » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:36 am

Vayu,

I am not only helping myself as others will also know the processing status, of HSMP application.....

My advice to you is that if someone is trying to make a good tradition
or u can say a rule then let him do so.

:lol:

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:42 am

Maira,

You can find info about hafeez and others form LA Mike sticky column on top of this forum. From there, LA Mike keep updating ref no and their response dates on the basis of our inputs on this forum. So please check this sticky col.

Hafeez

Vayu answered you straightly that means you can send the last year tax return (Which may not be the same as current year so dont worry about it) also have a letter from your employer detailing your complete salary given for this current tax period and mention that this deduction will be submitted to the Govt. as it becomes due in Sep. I think u already sent your pay cheqs, if not, have it printed on ur employer original letter head. This will be enough for them to understand it.
Regards,
Afzal

Maira

Post by Maira » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:25 pm

Vayu,
Thx for ur sugeestion but Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again u should OPEN UR EYES and MIND to :lol: and see by your self , the information there is not updated very frenquently.LA Mike did a great work so we should all learn and copy him. WE SHOULD HIDE THINGS

Thanks,
Maira

Maira

Post by Maira » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:35 pm

Sorry a mistake i mean WE SHOULD NOT HIDE THINGS...

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:07 am

maira ...its seems that u are too desperate. All the time analysis are getting wrong. They show something on the site and process entirely different day. I am the 1st april applicant, so far no news besides posting the job ofrer 3 weeks back. [by the way my ref no is there in LAmike's chart]

Before asking for the ref. no you should have seen his previous posts. :)

Maira

Post by Maira » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:03 pm

Raoms,

Thanks for ur kind suggestion ,I have seen his previous post just was asking for
The latest update .Any way hafeez has told me about it now (thx). LAmike's chart is not updated but still we appreciate to his wonderful work instead of blaming him. Nothing is perfect in this world.

About desperation we all are desperate, and by reading your reply its is obvious that you look the most desperate one. :lol:

raoms
Member of Standing

yes

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:29 pm

you are right we all are desperate... but there is no other solution than wait. Lets wait and see. Because of their slow speed I am sure I lost one offer. :cry:

Maira

Post by Maira » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:38 pm

I have one offer with me but i don't think they hv yet speed my
application due to it. Also i have attached the offer with the application
they might have not even open my case, though i told them by mail
that the job letter is with the application........................Sorry to hear
that you hv lost the job offer due to delay keep trying hopefully
at last something good result will come.

Maira

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:34 am

Dear all,
we all say that we are desperate to leave our homeland and get HSMP status in UK, but is it really worth it means that will we be able to grab a job of our field. I am an IT professional and working on bleeding edge technologies with my current employer. I am not sure whether such I wil be able to get such a job.

And most importantly, an HSMP applicant will have to apply for extension after an year and if one does not have any evidence to prove that the money has earned by the primary skill of the applicant then I think it will be very difficult for the applicant to get extension.

We should be deterministic towards our career as well. :)

Rajan

Post by Rajan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:27 pm

hafeez

It all depends upon one's preferances. If u value your internal satisfaction more as compared to money then U need to think twice before moving to foreign lands.

And you need not to earn by your primary skill. They want U to be financially active i.e. U should not eat their money, Right!

Rajan
---- Never Say No To Life ----

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:43 am

yes hafeez career is more important. If you want to know if you can get a job in the same field. Try to search on jobsite /totaljobs/reed.co.uk for the post you are working. If you see many such openings, and the job reponsibilities matches yours, you can be assured that you will get a job. Also you can apply for a few [saying that you already got a visa {I know some won't like this but to test your capability you got to lie sometimes}]. If you get response, it means your demand is there. Also in some sites like reed you can see how many applications are put for a post, if the applicants are less the more is your chances of geting through.

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:08 am

Dear Hafeez,

Many of us have the same fear and this is offcourse due to the feedback of several of our friends who are out there and giving feedback about the bad job market. This is also a fact that countries like Pakistan and India are now rich in producing more jobs due to lot of outsourcing in the field of IT n Telecom so offcourse if we are earning a good handsome money here then the only difference of being relocated is; A first class standard of living plus career growth.

As far as jobs in UK are concerned, try www.jobserve.com and see how many are there waiting for us. We need confidence and good communication skills to get jobs in UK. Even if you are not really techy enough, they consider every single aspect of you to take you on board.

Hope for the better by the time we get approval, things will start going into favor or you.
Regards,
Afzal

FLR

Post by FLR » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:20 am

Thanks Afzal,

You are right. Thought things have not yet been materialized whether we are going to get approval and then we get visa and all, but we should be very proactive and thinking way ahead to plan our future goals.

Friends out there are of the opinion that getting a job of one's own field is not easy, going to take a few months (5-8), so keeping this in mind if an HSMP holder cannot prove that he/she has earned some good money, won't this make tough for him/ her to get extension?

Financially active means making money, not concerend with where did it come from, skill based earning or odd jobs?

Thanks

zahidhsmp

Post by zahidhsmp » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:19 am

The economic activity should be in the area of skill through which you get the HSMP. There are several posts in this forum which explain this. Few are below in which the moderators have given their views:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... =extension

Regards

Zahid