ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon SET(O) 19 February 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamshah
Newly Registered

ILR Success Croydon SET(O) 19 February 2013

Post by kamshah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi Everyone!

Firstly many thanx to all members especially the moderators and senior members, it is an immensely useful forum and very active too, which certainly helps

My details are as follows:

WP (19 March 2008) + Tier 1 (General) 18 Dec 2008 -to date of application

Applied with 3 dependents (Wife + two kids)

Documents submitted

SET (O) Form
Passports and BRP X 4
LIUK Test x 2
12 Months salary slips
12 Months Bank statements
P60 (2009,10,11) + P45 (2009, 2010 as i changed two employers)
Letters of experience from all employers with exact dates including current (although I did not need these)
Original work permit (Again did not need to do this but provided it anyway)
Cohab docs x 5 (Random over last 2 years)
Photocopies of all the documents
Summary of Travel (135 days in total; max 29 days in one trip)

Reached Croydon at 9.40 for 10.25 am appointment; was asked to go through the security check and form verification (30 minutes)

Payment done using AMEX card -5 minutes; had intimated the bank

Case Reg: 10.25 - 20 Minutes

BRP 30 Minutes

Met the case worker 11.40 - was asked to hand over all the documents I wanted to provide; the only question asked was if I had given all the photocopies to which i replied Yes; the case worker was a British lady with a blank, serious face; did not bother me!

All documents including passports and BRPs were in one folder, originals first , followed by photocopies in the same order

Asked to report back at 14.00

Sat in front of the Counter at 13.00 and the case worker came to the window at 13.30 and again with an expressionless face handed my file back; and said I would receive my BRPs in 7 days; no mention of ILR approval or otherwise; neither did I ask! I got the message and did not seek further reassurance.

Left Lunar House at 13.35

Received my BRPs today (3 working days)

I did observe that when the documents are returned, sometimes things may be missing, one family had a passport missing when their file was returned; they had to go back and retrieve it; so be careful to check all the documents when they are returned by the case worker!

Although it helps immensely in this stressful time, if UKBA staff are courteous and friendly but I felt I was there to get my ILR and as long as I get it, it does not matter too much . Having said that, most staff were very courteous and friendly, no complaints.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Congratulations .Well done. May be CW was serious because, you might have given her too many documents,which were not required.

kamshah
Newly Registered

Post by kamshah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanx Kevin

Actually all my documents were in a plastic file; she did not look at them immediately; just took them away.

I did observe many case workers taking their cases to the same lady; probably she was guiding them and may have been a senior case worker and hence a bit more serious . However, it is over now and does not matter. :)

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 am

Hi Kamshah,

Congratulations on your ILR mate, Just had a quick question which I have already posted in another thread, but as I understand you were on WP and then moved onto Tier 1,

What did you do for the requirement of Section 11L, which seems to ask for documents you had submitted to get your tier 1 at the first place,

Are these required ?

kamshah
Newly Registered

Post by kamshah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi ilrapplicant 2013

No I did not submit anything other than the docs already mentioned. I think if you have spent most of your time in the 5 Y period as a Tier 1 migrant and apply under the same, UKBA does not always ask for WP related documents but it is probably best to be prepared to show:

Original work permit
Employer confirmation of Leave under WP period
Original UKBA letter showing approval of first Tier 1 application

Best Wishes